Chapter 1

Welcome to Chapter 1 of Pure Lust let's see how this story goes☺️❤️.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kehlani POV
I tend to go to these functions to distract myself from everything else I'm dealing with behind closed doors. It isn't the healthiest way to cope, but it works. I always found it very entertaining to just sit back and analyze how humans behave in certain situations such as parties. People label themselves or clique themselves up without even realizing it. I guess it's all about what makes you comfortable. To some people, I'm very confused and can understand why. For instance, I love people but I also love to be alone. Everything I do contradicts my way of thinking. I'm at a college function in the middle of a pandemic. That shit is crazy like we literally in here with masks on looking like Michael Jackson. I felt someone sit beside me.
" Girl, what the hell you doing sitting on ya ass?" said my very lovely best friend Justine.
"Just analyzing and keeping my distance"
I responded. She handed me a drink and I gladly accepted it.
"I'm just saying you over here looking all gloomy and shit at a party of all places," Justine added.
Just when I was about to respond, something catches my attention out the corner of my eye. Mhm, she cute.
" Helloooo, Lani?" Justine said snapping me back to reality.
"Mmm yeah, I'm straight, go do yo thang," I reassure her.

"Yeah, aight I'll come back to check up on yo Lil sad ass." She said while giving me a side-eye and walking away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Normani POV
it's about loud as fuck in this venue and it's more packed than twenty niggas playing ball on a small court. My ass almost turned around.
"Girl what are you doing." My friend Lauren said. Well, she's more like a slightly younger and annoying sister.
"Girl, it is too damn packed in here," I said while trying to walk out. But Lauren grabs my arm pulling me back to the entrance. " If you don't bring ya ass on." She said gritting her teeth.

I sighed, I swear this girl always getting me into some fuck shit. We approach the entrance and see this cocky built ass wannabe security guard. "Excuse me, ladies but you'll need a mask on at all times in order to enter the venue." I looked at Lauren and crossed my arms as if I got my way but to my surprise, she pulls out two face masks from her purse.

I rolled my eyes and placed the elastic strings around my ears. Lauren went straight to the dance floor just letting any damn body grind on her. Meanwhile, I went straight to the liquor. Once I got my drink I decided to meet Lauren on the dance floor. I see her dancing with this girl who's she's been talking to for a minute they look cute not gone lie.
"Hey girl about time you brought ya ass outside,"  the short brunette said yelling over the music loud enough for me to hear.
I laughed, "Hey Ally," I responded.
Shawty was clearly intoxicated it was kind of amusing seeing her out of her comfort zone.
We were dancing for a good ten minutes when Ally taps on my shoulder. "Mani look over there," she said while pointing towards the lounge section of the venue.
There was this really pretty girl. I mean she was pretty from what I could see considering the face mask. "What about her?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.
" Girl she's been checking you out the whole time," Lauren added.
" Ah word, I should go over there then huh?" I said while still looking at the mysterious girl.
I turned back to Lauren and Ally and they were looking at me as if I was stupid. I waved them off and made my way towards her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third-person omniscient

Normani makes her way towards Kehlani quickly switching on her alternative ego. She sat directly next to Kehlani, making it seem as if she was paying no attention at all to the other girl. Kehlani takes a sip of her drink, trying her best not to look at the other girl. Normani leans over and whispers in her ear,  "Could've taken a picture it would've lasted longer." Normani spoke. Kehlani chuckles.
" Why? So you can have the pleasure of calling me, Joe Goldberg?" The two of them laughed in unison.