Chapter 5 - Friends

Emi Takori sat with Kit Fisto in the very same courtyard she used to meditate earlier that day and told him every detail about what happened from the day the Council denied her the mission, to when she met with them again upon her return, and was careful enough to not mention a single word about her and Plo's attachment.

The sat under a large tree and Kit listened through it all. When Emi had finished her story, Kit said,

"So the Council has succeeded on grounding you this time huh? Did they say how long?"

Emi nodded, "No, they just said until they decide it's been long enough, and that could be weeks or months, Kit. If it weren't for Master Tiin, maybe they could have seen my actions as selfless, which they were,"

"What about Plo?"

"He didn't say either how long he was going to stay with his people. They've suffered a lot what Ventress and Grievous did to them. It's horrible,"

Kit stroked his chin, "You still haven't told me what's going on between you and Plo. You were talking in the Archives and he seemed rather pleased to get to know you,"

"He just wants to support me Kit," Emi said, lying slightly, "I've always had you but what's wrong with him helping out?"

Kit sighed, "It just doesn't make sense Emi. You don't know this, but I'm going to tell you now. Plo's had an eye on you for years since you returned that day from Felucia. He was just being knighted at that time. He looks at you like he thinks you're pretty or something whenever he sees you in the halls of this place. Yet I can't understand why he didn't stick up for you until now, especially after Mygeeto with Master Tiin, and everything else that came from then on,"

Emi was surprised, "You think he's been watching me all this time?"

"Not like a stalker! I just don't get him even though I consider him a friend of mine. I sometimes would walk with him and he'd always stop to watch you whenever he saw you training for a bit. Maybe he's just curious, but I guess I'm just worried he's become attached to you. I bet the rest of the Council notice it too considering he's risen to one of the wisest member of it,"

Does this mean he knows? Emi tried to brush it off quickly once she remembered that Kit was not around when she and Plo grew closer from that day.

"But Kit, the Council doesn't say anything about our friendship. And if you're so worried about it, then why aren't you worried about how close we are?" She contradicted,

Kit fell silent and realized she was right. The Council never spoke about their relationship. Both of them were silent and Emi stared at the sky. It was a clear blue today with hundreds of thousands of ships and speeders all traveling in straight lines like they were driven by obsessive people. That was the nature of Couruscant.

During that moment Emi tried to put Plo out of her mind, she was with Kit now and forced herself to smile. He was a good friend to her and she couldn't imagine life without him. He, just like Plo, made her feel more confident like she could speak to anyone and not hide anything. Then an idea came into her mind. If she really wanted to get on with her life, then she needed a distraction, and a very good one.

"Hey Kit, we should go out tonight, you know, hang somewhere? Remember Dexter's?"

Kit smiled, "Wow, haven't been there since I was a Youngling! That's rather abrupt of you Emi, especially after I just told you how worried I am but you're right. I don't get Plo sometimes but we're friends that's what matters and the Council are a strange bunch. That Dex still running the place?"

"Oh of course! Wouldn't be called Dexter's if he weren't!"

Emi smiled and was always ardent about getting out into the city.