PART SEVENTEEN: ARRESTING THE MASTERMIND

Start from the beginning

"I can see death, remember?" he said. "I didn't dream of his death. It means, he won't die. Trust me."

That somehow comforted me.

I bit my lower lip again, looking down.

Heinz placed his earphone in my ear.

The instrumental played.

I looked at him.

He smiled at me.

"It's If by Bread. It may help."

But the song didn't help much. I just ended up crying again.

Until finally, the doctor came out. We immediately stood up.

"We can't guarantee yet his condition but something that we can say is he's safe now," the doctor said. "We will be needing to perform tests on him to see if the stab that damaged some of his organs won't create complications."

I felt the relief.

Newt and our manager finally sat down and heaved a sigh.

Whether or not it was a good news, I don't care anymore. The only thing that mattered was finally, Tyler was alive.

The following days, Tyler did not go the office. He didn't accept any visitations as well unless necessary. Sinubukan kong pumunta pero hindi siya humaharap kanino man.

He isolated himself, completely out of the world. Regardless of who the person was, even if it was me.

Of course, it hurts. Pero ano bang magagawa ko? I need to give him the time and the space he needed.

On the other hand, the case was totally hopeless. Ni-hindi namin alam ni Newt kung paano ba namin iyon ipagpapatuloy ngayong pati si Tyler ay wala.

Halos mawalan na kami ng pag-asa pero tinulungan na kami ni Heinz dahil sa awa. Ang sabi niya, tutulong siya hangga't makabalik na si Tyler.

He was able to predict another death but they were few minutes late. When  we arrived, the woman had already been slaughtered. No clues or whatsoever was found. Apparently, the women called to an emergency hotline and we were just waiting for the copy of the record.

We also considered the fact that the killer may be inside the office. That's why during our annual general check up, we advised our company physician to seek for an eagle tattoo.

Yet, we found nothing.

We tried to decode the clues we got.

A human eye.

A watch pointing at 11:59

Z1K1H

'I am in between. I watch over you.'

'I am part of a whole'

Pero wala kaming ma-isip na kahit na ano kaya hinayaan na lang namin na detectives ang mag-trabaho para roon.

The next day, I went to the office with a bad mood because I left my phone at home. During the whole office hour, I was too irritated about anything and to anyone.

Until I heard my officemates screaming in joy.

I was confused for few seconds but when I looked at the commotion, I felt my heart got petrified as I met his usual black eyes.

"Tyler..." 

When our eyes met, he smiled.

"Let's talk."