s1: ep 1 - pilot

outfits <3

"Ugh" the brunette sighed, in attempt to be quiet but her unresilient personality made that hard

"Ugh" the brunette sighed, in attempt to be quiet but her unresilient personality made that hard. "Scarlett? What are you doing?" her father, the infamous detective Jake peralta questioned, simply standing behind his daughter. "Research?" Scarlett tried, sighing and turning around to face him with an innocent smile. "On what?" Jake asked, offering her a hand to pull her up. "Old case files" she muttered, allowing her father to pull her up. "Even though every year you can't get into them, and you are told you are not allowed into them?" He asked, thought he knew the answer and was just making a point.

They left the evidence room, the younger peralta with a pout on her face. "A girl can try" she stated, folding her arms to go with the childish pout she was sporting. "Well, I admire your attempts" Jake smirked, holding his hand up for a high five from her. "Jake! Don't encourage her!" Amy had overhead the while conversation, watching with a disapproving look. Jake just turned to his wife with an innocent smile, which was soon matched by their daughter.

Scarlett was extremely close to having to attend summer school, but she escaped luckily. She would have been devastated because summers were the best times of her life. Every year her and her best friends, who's parents also happened to be part of the nine-nine, would spend the summer at the nine-nine, watching and observing the police work. Captain Holt wasn't quite on board with this idea, but Jake kept bringing his daughter to work, he had no choice in the end.

All of the adults were in the briefing room, the children sitting around at desks, not being allowed into the meetings. "So, did it work?" Vanessa asked, walking into the room and finding Scarlett sulking at her fathers desk. "What do you think?" the brunette shot back, earning an eye roll from her friend. "Her dad caught her, like always" Jacob laughed, earning a weak hit from his best friend. "One day i'll do it, if you two bothered to help we'd have them by now" Scarlett stated, looking down at her nails simply. Vanessa shrugged, sitting herself down on the edge of the desk. "Okay then, what's the plan?"

When the adults cleared out of the briefing room, Scarlett stayed in the same position, knowing it took her father at least five minutes longer than most people as he liked to converse on his way to his desk. "All the cases nowadays are boring" he complained, walking alongside Amy. "Isn't that a good thing? You have a daughter to think about" Amy told him, looking over to Scarlett who was happily mid conversation with Rosa and Vanessa. "Think about her in what way?" Jake asked, not seeing what a big case would do to his fifteen year old. "It would get into your head, she'd be on your mind constantly, you'd be scared to get hurt" she responded, patting his shoulder as she began to walk away. Jake just rolled his eyes, he was adamant that he would be fine.

"So, in conclusion, that is why we all need our own troy bolton or Ricky Bowen, i'm not picky" Scarlett finished, earning eye rolls from both Diaz's in front of her. "Scar" Jake stated, waving his hand in a signal for her to move from his seat. She either didn't get the message, or was choosing to ignore him, and just smiled. "Hey dad, I was just proving a point, wanna hear it?" she asked, grinning innocently as she often did. "You don't want to hear it" Rosa muttered, before walking off, her daughter following closely behind. "Rude!" Scarlett called after her before turning back to her father, "So daddy, whatcha need?" Jake gave her a look. "Scarlett" he warned. The brunette rolled her eyes, reluctantly getting up from the chair. "Thank you" Jake sighed, sitting down and immediately pulling out work he was meant to be doing a while ago.