Chapter 4 - bun bun didn't tell you? We're a thing now.

"You should put more effort into nursing that wound, it's your body, no?"

"No." Gray replied. Really? It's mine then.

"You throw a mean punch," I chuckled touching the sore part of my face. The ice I had been placing on it was currently lying on the kitchen table, left it there a couple of hours ago. Look who's giving advice on health care.

"Hey! I throw a mean punch." Keith retorted while making boxing gestures.

"I'm leaving, Gray? Watch him please." I sighed then put on my hoodie so as to hide the purple bruise on my face.

"I'm a man." Keith argued.

"Right, and I'm Goldilocks." I heard Gray reply as I closed the door behind me.

The hall was fairly long, it had these really dim lights at various corners. The paint was due for a redo. I looked sideways and I saw that girl again. Immediately she sighted me, she bolted away.

"Wait!" I called after her. Oh no you don't, I followed suit.

She entered into the elevators and they went down, I turned my head around becoming impatient then I sighted the stairs, oh yeah! I slid down the railings. What? They were fairly wide and spiral. I got to the last floor in no time and caught sight of her exiting the building, I ran toward the doors but someone blocked my path.

"Aiden!" A nasally voice called my name, Marisa.

"What do you want?" I asked impatiently.

"Why the rush?" She gave a sickly smile.

"I just want to get to know my boyfriend's best friend." She added.

"Can't you do that some other time?" I replied.

"Wait! What?" I snapped my head towards her.

"Aw bun bun didn't tell you, we're a thing now."

"Who the fuck is bun bun?"

"Are you that slow?" And that's Marisa.

"Keith." She added rolling her eyes, as she did I secretly hoped they'd just pop out of her head.

"Haha, very funny." I replied sarcastically and maneuvered around her towards the doors.

"Better believe it!" The nasally voice called out once more. What the fuck? That can't be true.

I got out of the building and realised that girl would be long gone by now. That bitch distracted me.

I walked to the parking lot, stepped into my car then rested my head on the steering wheel.

I know she was just bluffing right? Keith is not with her. He's not but is he? My phone dinged, it was a text from my mum, I didn't even bother to read it before I cleared it. I stared at my lock screen, it was a picture Keith and I took many years back, it was the day after we met, he forced me to take it. He put his hands around my shoulder and gave a wide toothed smile at the camera while I stared at him incredulously.