Chapter 3 - It was, Gray?

The weekend went away as fast as it came

The weekend went away as fast as it came. After that party on Friday, I was really exhausted and yes Gray is living with us. Keith's practically my brother but sometimes he makes irrational decisions. I shouldn't have stood by him on this one but I can't bear to do anything to make him the slightest bit sad or unsure of himself. Sure, he comes off as goofy and care free but he's still unsure and I know it.

I walked into the cafeteria and bought a coke. I was in no mood for eating. I scanned the area and took a sit at the far right corner by myself. Keith was at practice, they have some big tournament coming up, plus I heard Gray's also on the team.

I have other, should I call them friends? Let's just say I know other people but most times I prefer to be alone, alone also meaning in Keith's company.

"Hey," A tiny voice said, I didn't even bother to turn around because I didn't think they were talking to me.

I stared at the distance, not thinking about anything in particular but not quite focused on reality either.

I felt something cold touch my head and run down my face, so I snapped my head immediately to find Rose trying really hard to hold in her laughter.

I touched my head. Whatever liquid she poured on my head was really sticky. Gonna be a whole lot of trouble getting this out.

"I-I'm s-sorry..." And then she burst into a full blown laughter, this made me tilt my lips up.

She brought out a cloth from her bag and surprisingly got everything out. Hm, power of a girl.

"I'm really sorry, I was trying to get your attention for a solid 10 minutes." She explained.

"It's fine." I chuckled, then looked at her expectantly.

"What?" She said cluelessly.

"Well did you come here to say something?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"Oh," she seemed taken aback, I did say that a little harshly.

"Um, I-I j-just.... I just s-saw," she was stuttering real badly so I picked up her hands, using my thumbs to make circular patterns on them.

That seemed to calm her down a bit, "I just saw you sitting here by yourself and decided to say hi."

"Thank you,"

"Also, I'm kinda having some problems in my art class..." She trailed off, scratching the back of her neck.

"Now that's what you came here for." I laughed and looked at her incredulously.

"A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do." She shrugged.

"I'm not busy today, after school at that little diner near the lake?" I asked.

"Sounds great." She said cheerily.