After a moment's thought, he walked up to her and looked at the math test paper she had on her desk. "What's the matter?"

Xiang Nuan was startled. Seeing that it was Shen Lin who had talked to her, she subconsciously covered her test paper with her hands. "Nothing."

Shen Lin nudged his glasses back up to the bridge of his nose and said: "Don't bother covering it, I already saw."

Xiang Nuan thought of her marks and turned red, her ears becoming hot. Shen Lin didn't care about her results but was curious about another matter. "You did question twenty-one, but you didn't get twenty, right? Twenty-one was more difficult than question twenty, ah."

Xiang Nuan chuckled as she replied: "Question twenty-one was something similar to what my brother taught me before."

It was because it was similar to something Xiang ChangKong had taught her that she decided to solve it first. She followed Xiang ChangKong's steps, and she really did end up finding the solution correctly."

Shen Lin asked: "Oh? Is your brother good at math?"

When it came to her brother, Xiang Nuan was immensely proud. "Un, and not just math, my brother is good in all the subjects. He's even smarter than you."

"Really?" Shen Lin nudged his glasses again. "Then why didn't you get question twenty, right? Doesn't that mean there's something wrong with his teaching method?"

Although Xiang Nuan secretly liked Shen Lin, hearing him talk about her brother like this made her very unhappy."What are you criticizing his teaching methods? Then how about you tell Teacher Luo that he doesn't teach well!"

"I think a successful education is letting the students learn how to think for themselves so that even if they encounter a problem they've never seen before, they'll be able to find their own way to solve it." Shen Lin replied. "That's a lot more useful than making them do a hundred questions."

Xiang Nuan huffed. "I think your method is just relying on the student's own intelligence and nothing else."

Shen Lin thought for a moment, then said: "How about I teach you for a month. Let's see if your brother's methods are better, or my methods are better, alright?"

Xiang Nuan blinked. Shen Lin just offered her free tutoring lessons for a month. She wouldn't lose anything from such a wonderful offer, so in the end, she nodded. "Deal."

While they talked, the nearby language teacher was informed that the parent-teacher meeting in the auditorium just ended. The headteacher came by to let everyone move the desks and chairs to prepare. The parents began to gather in the corridor outside the classroom.

Usually, when the parent-teacher meeting began, the students could just leave directly. But most of the students stay in school and wait for their parents to finish before going home together.

Xiang Nuan didn't dare greet Xiang ChangKong and instead sneaked away in the back door with her school bag.

As she walked out of school, Xiang Nuan wore a bitter face. She had bombed last month's test too. Although Xiang ChangKong didn't say anything about it, she was still upset. And now, she had failed this test too. What would her brother think when he sees her report card?

She kicked some pebbles along the road as she walked. She didn't want to go home. She took out her phone, flipped through her contacts, and finally sent a message to Xu Lian. She wanted to ask her future sister-in-law for some guidance.

Xu Lian was in her store at the moment. Xiang ChangKong had told her that he would be attending Xiang Nuan's parent-teacher meeting, so he wouldn't be able to cook for her when she comes by this afternoon. So when she saw Xiang Nuan's message, she thought something had happened.