7 • Mockery

Jisung sir please calm down 🙏🏻

• Chapter 7 •

When Renjun said that Jisung would get used to Cho-a he must have talked about somewhen in the distant future, somewhere in an alternative life perhaps.

"You really don't like me, do you?"

"I'm not fond of secrets," Jisung said as he stepped closer to the girl that was casually leaning against the wall next to the door to the lecture room Renjun was in.

She nodded. "Fair enough." A bored breath escaped her mouth as she looked down to where her feet were and where his stood opposite hers.

There was barely enough space for another person in between.

"Let's get along," she offered then let her eyes wander up to his black trousers and then further up to the grey shirt that was too big for him. "For Renjun's sake."

When her eyes finally met the boy's, he had an eyebrow raised. For a few seconds, he looked at her with a blank expression.

"What's Renjun to you?"

"Good question; can't answer it though," she said, offering the boy the laziest excuse she possibly could.

Jisung rolled his eyes. "Why not?"

"Because Kun said not to tell anyone I don't trust."

A sigh. He looked away for a moment, then bit the inside of his cheek before he looked back at her.

From the students around them, the grim reaper gained countless stares, whereas the only person he was looking at was Cho-a.

"Then what is Kun to you?" Jisung asked instead.

"What's with all these questions?" she asked innocently. "You aren't showing interest in me, are you?"

Gritting his teeth, Jisung stepped closer. The tip of his shoes touched hers as he leaned forward, a hand pressed against the wall next to the girl's head.

Trapped between him and a block of bricks, Cho-a watched the older one warily.

"Do you want to die?" His question was sincere, his voice low and threatening. But the girl merely shrugged.

"Jisung~~" a girl interrupted, voice uncomfortably high as she stepped closer.

Still leaning close to Cho-a, Jisung kept his eyes on her as he clenched his jaw. Meanwhile, the girl herself was surprised to see that, at this moment, she wasn't the most annoying person around.

Whilst Jisung rolled his eyes, Cho-a smirked in amusement before she mimicked in a low voice, "Jisung~~"

"Shut up," he grumbled before turning his head, glaring at the unfamiliar girl from where he stood. "What?"

"I just want to talk-"

"Not interested," he said just when Cho-a pushed out a shallow breath. 

Atmosphere shifting, her eyes glazed as she stared mindlessly at the boy before her. Surprised by the sudden shift in her behaviour, Jisung eyed her carefully.

"What's wrong?" he asked right when he noticed the eery feeling he was getting. The colour of his eyes started to swirl up, getting ready to turn grey. 

Nothing much was wrong. Nothing much out of the ordinary. There was just another dead person lying around somewhere on the streets nearby. 

"I'll ask Kun myself the next time I see him."

The familiar name caught Cho-a off guard, pulling her out of her thoughts.
"Ask him what?"

"What you are," he stated before he pushed himself off the wall and stepped away from the girl, eyes already the usual cloudy grey that they tended to be whenever a new soul had to be carried away.

"Feel free to try," she said at which she earned a frown from the girl next to her.

"Whom are you talking to? He's gone already," she said, voice remaining an annoyingly high-pitched nag. And whilst the girl said that, Cho-a could barely hold back her amused grin as she stared at the grim reaper before her.

Jisung just frowned at the obvious mockery before eventually disappearing into thin air.

"And I bet you made him leave," the girl said, stepping closer to Cho-a now.

Raising a brow, she tilted her head to the side.
"A person died. Jisung's a grim reaper," Cho-a noted. "Connect the dots."

The girl shrugged. "He would've stayed if it wasn't for you."

Sighing, Cho-a turned to walk away and leave the girl behind, when she gripped her shoulders and pushed her against the wall.

Though she used force, it barely hurt. That girl wasn't the strongest person out there. Not the smartest one either.

"From now on, stay away from Ji-"

"Can't do," she said. "My bad." Which caused the girl to use more force, yet still left Cho-a unimpressed.

"You come off as kind of pathetic, you know," Cho-a stated less than she asked, making the girl frown before she huffed angrily.

She brought her hand up, palm flat as she let it rush down; down towards Cho-a's face, who refused to move or blink or flinch at all.

Not even when the hand halted abruptly.

"Staying out of trouble isn't your thing, is it?" Though Renjun glared at the girl he was holding back, he addressed Cho-a as he spoke.

"She's annoying though-"

"Renjun, good that you are here!" the girl interrupted Cho-a. "She was bullying me!"

Without a word, Renjun switched hands, his grip now around Cho-a's wrist as he rolled his eyes at the other girl.
"Spare me." 

And with that he pulled Cho-a with him, calling her an idiot whilst he was at it. 

• Mockery •

Kun ft. Dreamies coming up 😌