2 • Grey

• Chapter 2 •

Cho-a flicked the boy's forehead.

"Yah!" Haechen shouted, eyes snapping open. With a frown, he rubbed the heel of his hand against his forehead soothingly. "What a brat."

"You are the one that fell asleep - you are supposed to tutor me," Cho-a retorted, tapping her pen against the lunch table's boringly blue surface.

The tables stood towards the back of their faculty's building. The same layout and design as every other faculty's outdoor lunch area.

It was a warm day. The sun shone down onto the students and as its rays embraced Haechan, death himself, he ended up looking even brighter than the sun. 

The boy nodded tiredly, placing his chin onto the back of his hand.
"Okay but I told you to get food."

Cho-a raised a brow.
"You don't eat," she stated matter-of-factly. 

"You do though." 

"Well," she shrugged. "Not right now."

Already rolling his eyes, a sigh sitting at the edge of his throat, Haechan didn't get to talk when suddenly a food tray was placed in front of the girl. 

When Cho-a looked to her side she spotted a familiar boy sitting down next to her. 

"Renjun," she said happily, a smile on her lips. "What are you doing here?" she questioned considering that his faculty wasn't on this side of the campus.

"Getting you food." He nodded towards the tray. "I heard you didn't have breakfast."

Cho-a frowned a little. "Did Winwin snitch on me again?" 

Renjun just shrugged, then hummed to himself as he watched the girl. His eyes ran over her figure once, inspecting her.  
"Humans need to eat." 

Though she hesitated, she knew that he was right. So after letting out a heartfelt sigh, she started eating. 

Renjun and Haechan fell into a short, light-hearted conversation which the girl got lost in. She listened attentively, following their words carefully. 

Too emerged to notice the four boys approaching their table, Cho-a's eyes only jumped to meet the others' when they eventually sat down next to them. 

"You took your time," Renjun said as he looked at his friends. 

"We would have been faster if it wasn't for those two," Chenle replied teasingly, throwing an almost judging look at Jeno and Jaemin who barely reacted, just rolled their eyes and offered a small but amused grin. 

Not long after, the younger one's attention quickly shifted to the girl that he was yet to get introduced to. He grinned, held his chin up proudly. 
"I'm Chenle. That are Jeno, Jaemin and Jisung," he beamed. "Nice to meet you." 

"Cho-a," she replied politely, taken aback by the boy's bright nature. "Why did you come here?" 

Jeno nodded towards Haechan. 
"He usually comes to sit with us but he said he was busy today so we came here instead." 

Sighing, Haechan leaned forward, rested his head on his arm. 

He was supposedly busy tutoring Cho-a - and if he didn't fall asleep ten minutes after they sat down at their table, he really would've been busy too. However, Haechan was tired and so he saw and used this as the opportunity to get some rest further away from the other grim reapers. 

"I can never get a break, can I?" he mumbled into the crook of his arm. 

"Not really," Renjun noted nonchalantly. "Sucks to be you." 

"I hate you too Renjun," the younger one mumbled. 

Whilst the others were focusing on Haechan, Jisung's eyes were stuck on the girl. Sitting comfortably in the warm sun, her eyes glistened prettily, her eyelashes threw delicate shadows onto her cheekbones, her hair rested still on her shoulders. 

He didn't realize that the sight irritated him before he spoke. 

"You were in that alley the other day," he said. It was hard to tell what emotion his voice really held, but he spoke harshly. 

Raising a brow, Cho-a turned to look at the boy, then hummed thoughtfully. 
"'The other day' is a very broad term." 

"You saw me there," he pushed, trying to get her to remember it or admit it or both.  

Cho-a shook her head. Although yes, she did see him there. 
"I don't remember seeing you in an alley lately," she lied calmly. "I also didn't know that's where you like to spend your time off." 

Clenching his jaw, Jisung swallowed his anger.
"Do you think you can lie to me? Don't you know who I am?"

Cho-a hesitated before nodding slowly. She pointed at Chenle.
"Jisung," she stated. "Chenle just introduced you-"

"If we weren't at uni you'd be dead by now," the young boy said in a low, threatening voice. His eyes turned lifeless as their colour turned a gloomy grey. Stormy and intimidating.

What a bad temper, she thought. 

If Cho-a didn't know the boy's limits, she would've been scared. Hell, she might have left the table at that exact moment, at the coldness the grim reaper radiated mixed with the warm uncomfortable feeling that rose inside her.

But she didn't. In fact, she didn't care much.

"Then let's meet in an alley next time," she offered with a sincere smile. "Show me what you got, grim reaper."

• Grey •