⚊ xxv. something wicked.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄;
SOMETHING WICKED

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄;SOMETHING WICKED

authors note: this chapter has been edited on 8/6/20

authors note: this chapter has been edited on 8/6/20. there is now a different ending, if you are reading after this date then this note does not apply to you.

— REESE AVOIDED EMMETT LIKE the plague, a hard feat considering they were living in the same house and there were only so many places to hide. Carlisle had gone to work at the hospital the second day Reese was there and Esme had gone down to Seattle to do some shopping, but the rest of the Cullens had been pulled out of school to keep Reese company. She'd wished that she could be alone for just a little while, to give her some time to properly process her new life, but none of them made any plans to leave — probably because she was a newborn, and most newborns were wildly uncontrollable. Most of them made an active effort to give her space; all except for Emmett.

Reese hadn't been able to stay in one room for longer than ten minutes before he would come in and try to talk to her. Rosalie had been quick to come to Reese's aid, blocking her brother from getting close to Reese as she fled to the next room. But Emmett followed her there too, pleading for Reese to at least look at him. After she'd broken down in the forest after they'd gone hunting and she'd allowed him to comfort her, he'd just assumed that they would pick up right where they'd left off when Reese was human. Reese wanted to, she wanted to embrace that little flutter in her stomach when he smiled at her and remember how his hands had felt on hers when he'd taken her to Port Angeles Pottery for their date, but she couldn't. Not when her eyes were still blood red. Not when all of her flaws that made her human were gone. Reese couldn't forgive him yet.

He'd finally given up after an hour of trailing behind Reese as she walked around the outside of the house, always just ahead of him. Every time he would try to speak, Reese would sprint away. She was faster than him, and there was no was he could keep up as she ran away. He'd gone back inside around three o'clock, leaving Reese on her own as she sat on the back porch watching the little flurries that fell from the sky and stuck to the layer of snow that was already there. The cold didn't bother her, and the flurries that landed on her skin didn't melt like they used to. Reese hated that more than she could possibly say.