⚊ viii. which witch is which

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓;
WHICH WITCH IS WHICH

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓;WHICH WITCH IS WHICH

UPDATED 3/10/21

UPDATED 3/10/21
. . . . . . .

— FLYNN O'CONNELL WAS HAVING a field day with Reese's newest dilemma; she arrived exactly twenty minutes after school ended, flinging open Elizabeth's front door announcing her presence in the house. She promptly dropped all of her belongings on the couch and bolted up to Reese's bedroom, her eyes glimmering with intrigue.

"So," Flynn said as soon as she ended the bedroom, flinging herself onto Reese's bed. "What's with this whole witch business?"

Reese glanced up from her laptop that was open to a Wikipedia page titled Am I witch?, and sighed. "I think I remembered something when I was passed out, something my mom said when I was little. It was like it was completely gone before then."

"That happens to me," Flynn told her, plucking a piece of popcorn out of the bowl on Reese's desk. "Like, yesterday my mom swore up and down that she told me to buy red peppers and I vaguely remembered her saying something but I just couldn't remember her actually saying Flynn, pick up some red peppers."

"No, it's different," Reese argued. "Because it's like there's an empty spot where that memory used to be and I never noticed before because I didn't think about it, but now that I know it's gone it's like my brain is trying to find something it lost."

Flynn frowned in contemplation, resting her chin in her hands. "Why did it take you passing out from shock to remember?"

"That's what I'm looking at," Reese clicked another tab and motioned for Flynn to come look at it. "I was reading an article about things like this happening to other people. It says that sometimes when there's a traumatic memory, your brain tries to protect you and blocks it out."

"Makes sense," Flynn agreed, her eyes scanning over the words. 

"One would think so," Reese rubbed her face, irritated. "Except, it wasn't traumatic. My aunt came to visit."