Chapter 1 (edited)

-Edited-

3rd Person's PoV

Yashiro covered her eyes partially to protect her eyes from the sunlight streaming through the coloured stained-glass window, the beautiful rays of the setting sun painting the tiled floor beautifully. "Hanako-kun!" she called, but with no reply. "Hanako-kun! What you did in class earlier isn't funny!" Yashiro huffed angrily. She wasn't going to take anymore of Hanako's teasing; she was going to stand up for herself.

"Yashiro, cool down, it was just once-" Hanako walked casually towards her, trying to mask the fear on his face. He tried to maintain his carefree facade, but secretly his "heart rate" was going through the roof. What if Yashiro would ignore him? He inherently knew that she wouldn't do that, but irrational fears are still fears! Regret started to sink in. He didn't mean to make her upset, he meant the opposite.

"Just once?!" Yashiro shrieked in disbelief. She rubbed her forehead, attempting to calm her temper. "Almost everyday you come to disturb me! I had to study twice as much at home because you keep disrupting me!" Yashiro crossed her arms, her eyebrows knitting together as she shot a stern glance at Hanako from the other side of the toilet.

"Pl-Please forgive me, Yashiro," Hanako pleaded, his eyes glinting with teasing regret, having a sly smile on his face. Although he loved to make Yashiro pissed off, he really hoped that he wouldn't get one of Yashiro's scary punishments again. He silently feared that one day, Yashiro would have had enough of him and just leave him in the past. That would be the end of the world for him.

Yashiro's frown softened, her once irritated face morphing into a kind, pitiful smile. Was this a joke or a real apology? After known him for so long, Yashiro knew a bit much for a living human, but she still couldn't distinguish a real from a fake apology from Hanako. She pondered left and right, unsure.

"You- Okay, fine. I forgive you, Hanako-kun," Yashiro heaved a heavy sigh, making her decision. Maybe she could stand up for herself another day. How could she stay angry at his cute little face?

Don't-Yashiro, not now.

"Yay! You're the best, Yashiro!" Hanako smiled widely as he leaped towards Yashiro with a glint of childish glee in his eyes. His arms were opened, asking for another one of his hugs. Yashiro felt blood rushing to her face, her eyes widening in surprise, though she knew she would, yet again, be hugged by the apparition. She used to think his hugs were creepily cold and uncomfortable, but now it felt cooling and safe, and no matter where Yashiro was, she was safe in Hanako's arms...

Hanako gave her one last squeeze, before pulling away from the comfortable hug.

Hanako's wide, open smile was reduced to a soft grin. He could sense that the sun was setting, so he pushed Yashiro away from him softly, advising her, "You should go home, Yashiro, it's getting late! And I bet you have a ton of homework!" Yashiro gave him a look of confusion, clearly puzzled. Why would Hanako let her off earlier than usual? If anything, she would be released late. But she didn't argue with him. An early day off is always a win!

Hanako's PoV-1st Person

I peered around the corner of the toilet's entrance, making sure Yashiro was gone from my sight. I turned and headed back into the old girl's bathroom I called home for decades. The toilet I was bound to. I headed to the infamous third stall of the bathroom, plopping myself onto the toilet seat. I heaved a sigh, glad that Yashiro wasn't here to witness this feat of weakness. I quickly wiped away the tears formed in my eyes, clearing my vision, making sure that nobody would see it, though I knew for certain that no one was there.

Why did my life have to end this way? If it wasn't for Tsukasa, I'm sure my life would've been amazing. He ruined my entire life, and now that I'm dead, he still haunts me? I cleared my head.

Oh, how I hated people assuming I was a girl. What did it mean to care about that, though? Barely anyone could summon me, and the ones who could just ran away.

Despite all these sorrows that I wept to, the thing that I was the most bummed about was that.. I didn't know how to confess to Yashiro.

Since I had known her not long ago, my feelings for her just welled up in the pits of my "heart". It was agonizing to listen to her talk about her hot upperclassmen. But I shouldn't be jealous of that treatment either. I'm dead, why would she even think of loving me?

Though I am an apparition, why should that stop me..?

At the same time, how could an apparition fall for a human? I'm pretty sure there's a rule against that. If only she could be with me forever...

But one day, she'll graduate. And when she does, I'll be there, watching from a corner, tears blurring my vision, proud but disappointed that the only person I've ever loved was leaving me. Even imaging it happening already made my heart ache. I pray she would come back as a teacher. Maybe she'll come back to me after her death.

Maybe.

My heart ached just from the thought of it. And chances are, she'd be happy to be out of my grasp. I can't blame her though; I've probably been too annoying to her, but it's just to spend the most time possible with her. If I didn't tease her 24/7, I feared that she would forget me. One day I'll have to learn to cope without her, but...

But I want her to remember that I would always be waiting for her here.