7- water

___________________ARIA'S POV- Capitol -

___________________
ARIA'S POV
- Capitol -

Over a week had passed since we recieved the bread and over that week they've been playing the screams nonstop.

They'd play them during the day unless someone walked in but straight after they would restart them. I hated it because no matter how much I drilled into my head that they're not real, I still couldn't help but think they were actually his screams the longer they went on.

I only had myself to convince they weren't real. In my head I just had to keep pressing on and attempt to block the sounds out. It is so hard to do that when they're blaring though.

There were times where I let them get to me too much. Where I'd yell for them to stop or I'd start getting emotional and begin crying. It was then that Peeta and I would hold hands to show solace. The comforting gesture was the best thing we had in this cruel environment. Even at one point Johanna offered her support and consoled me, with some remarks about the Capitol of course.

My wounds haven't been healing well, in fact they're becoming worse. Due to the lack of how clean these cells are bacteria is building up and starting to cause infection. It doesn't matter that they stitched up Enobaria's wound because they just reopened it with their batons.

The wound on my calf is alright. It didn't get hit by a baton but the dirty puddles in this cage aren't helping. It's bearable to breathe now whereas before it was the most painful experience. I'm not sure why it's always my ribs that have gotten the biggest beating.

The Peacekeepers had put me back in the shackles a few days ago. They didn't hit me or anything, that I'm thankful for. I guess they believed I was stronger before but I wasn't so sure about that myself.

I was becoming incredibly skinny, my bones protruding from my skin to reveal parts of my skeleton. I hated how I felt every day. I hated feeling sapped of energy because of the lack of nutrition. They still gave us water but only a certain amount.

For the whole time I've been in here I've been wearing my wetsuit front the arena. It's disgusting.

I rest my back against the concrete wall as I usually do. The past few days have been uneventful apart from the screams. I want something to happen but I should be careful what I wish for.

Through the audio I can hear someone kind of nozzle being twisted. Turning my head I notice an opening in the wall outside my cell that wasn't there before. It's a pitch black hole, that is until water suddenly starting gushing out.

What the hell?!

"Guys! I think they're flooding the cells!" I yell at Peeta and Johanna through the screams.

"The fuck!" I hear Johanna exclaim.

The water is fast paced and quickly inundating the floors of our cells. I barely stand on my trembling legs before the water reaches my feet. I hiss at the low temperature of this icy flow. It's like a raging river claiming our prison as it's own.

I conclude that they won't drown us because we're too valuable, so what on earth are they trying to do?

The frigid water continues spraying out onto the floor until the whole room is calf high in it. I begin uncontrollably shivering with this new factor of cold being added into the mix. As if I wasn't already freezing enough. The screaming also cuts off.

A hologram appears, Snow's ugly face lighting it up. My expression instantly morphs into anger and revulsion upon his appearance.

"Don't look so upset Aria," he says darkly, smiling.

"What do you want, Snow? Are we stinking up your basement? Encouraging us to have a bath, are you now?" I scowl bitterly.

"Oh no Aria, it's way more electrifying than that."

He's hinting at something—something sinister and inhumane. 

That's when it clicks, my eyes widening and before I can look down at the water a shooting pain zips up my body.

It isn't a slight tingle that tickles my skin but instead a river of volts ripping into me. The electrical current tears through my body like a hungry predator and it's carcass.

I let out a gargled cry as the electricity burns my body from the inside out. My eyes roll to the back of my head whilst the voltage feels like it's cooking my organs. My muscles convulse violently, the excruciating and deadly energy pulsing through my veins and urging painful screams from my lungs.

My innards sizzle horribly, my spine tight from the paralysis of the shocks. My calls of affliction come out like my head is being held under water against my will. I sound like I'm choking.

The electrocution stops and my body slams into the wall behind me.

My arms and legs twitch as I struggle to stay upright. Every muscle stings with discomfort, my eyes open and jerking slightly when I regain control of myself. I glare up at Snow again with lips curled in agony and indignation.

"Now Johanna, Aria, tell me what I want to know." He hisses, staring us down threateningly.

Where's Peeta? I could've sworn he was here.

"We don't know anything you jackass!" Johanna snarls, pulling at her shackles in extreme agitation.

Snow just looks at us with a blank face. He shakes his head side to side in disappointment without saying a word.

A zapping sound rings out again and instantly my body tenses up, shrieks escaping my throat as the electricity electrocutes Johanna and I unforgivingly for the second time.

My skull is pounding and it isn't long before black spots start to filter into my vision. I try to breathe but the electricity is cutting off my airway. All my oxygen is leaving my lungs in the form of screams.

This round of electrocution is a lot longer than the last and hurts just as much. It feels like an eternity before my body stops having spasms from the electrical current.

"Argh!" Johanna shouts.

I fall head first into the water with a splash, my body fried from Snow's dirty work. I manage to keep my face above the surface. The painful ringing in my ears is surely damaging my brain.

I splutter trying to regain my breath, bent over and hungrily sucking in air loudly. When I attempt to get up Snow forces me down again with more electric power. I collapse into the flooded cell again and don't attempt to get up.

"The longer you resist the worse this'll be for you all," Snow states before the hologram disappears.

I can make out Johanna groans from the other side of the wall, clearly signifying the pain she's in. I hack and let out raucous coughs which grip my whole body.

"I will have his head at the end of my spontoon," I grumble to myself once I can breathe again.

The water that makes our cells a pool slowly starts to be sucked away through a drain. As soon as it all disappears I lay my hair on the floor in exhaustion. My body is in a weakened state and I just can't find the energy to move for a few minutes.

When I find the strength I press my back against the wall and squeeze my eyes shut in pain.

Something that I don't seem to notice is a camera beginning to move in the corner of my cell.
___________________
A/N

Another chapter, you're welcome😊

Cheers x