3- not the only one

___________________ARIA'S POV- Capitol -

___________________
ARIA'S POV
- Capitol -

I didn't even get a wink of sleep. My whole body refused to relax due to my mind whirling and muscles aching tremendously.

Snow's words have been eating away at me. I couldn't divert my mind from his appearance yesterday, his threat bouncing around my skull. Also the way he looked at me as if calculating his next move didn't help either. It was just impossible to remove his image from my head.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

The constant dripping of the stupid water kept me up too. It's just so annoying. I can't believe I found sleep the first night but I guess the exhaustion from the arena kept me knocked out.

I'm incredibly groggy as I was on the cusp of sleep but it always disappeared before it could lull me into peaceful darkness. Instead I laid on the floor, cold and lonely, attempting to piece together what will happen next.

Why am I here? What is this Rebellion Snow was talking about? Did Finnick know about this? What will do they do to me?

I'm pulled short when I hear chains clatter against the concrete ground. It wasn't me because I haven't moved an inch, maybe considering the fact that I'm freezing my fucking ass off.

This time I hear an exhausted groan which ultimately causes me to sit up, listening intently for it again. The sound of chains jingling occurs again and this time I'm up, my hands just reaching the cell bars.

There's someone else in one of these cells? I shouldn't be surprised, Snow always has to have someone locked up to torture.

"Hello?" They call out, their voice croaky but incredibly familiar.

"Peeta?!"

"Aria! Is that you?" He responds, obviously grateful someone he knows is in the same predicament as him.

"Yes Peeta! Oh thank god," I sigh to myself in relief, melting into the fact that I'm not truly alone.

"Are we in the—"

"—yes, the Capitol," I cut him off sadly, playing with the cuffs of my shackles. I hear him murmur something on the other side of the wall.

"How long have we been in here?" He asks.

"I woke up 2 days ago," I tell him glumly, flopping onto the floor with my back against the wall backing Peeta's cell. I would assume he nodded at my response.