| Epilogue

Weeks passed. Those weeks became months and the months turned into seasons. Winter passed and spring returned. I kept on training, I kept pushing my limits and I kept on getting exhausted. If the day was over and I came back inside and sat down on the couch, I always saw Charlotte and James sitting there, waiting for me. And then their smile — I could go for another ten rounds.
     Training goes on. I kept practicing with my bow and arrow and I kept practicing with my throwing knife and Saxe. I started duels with James and I participated in competitions, showing my skills as a professional archer. Will never really complimented me, nor showed how proud he was — which I believe he is. He always nods and says: "It's going well."
     Halt visited from time to time and gave us some missions to take. Mostly, there were outlaws, breaking the laws and doing what they want. We have to take them to Baron Arald for justice and that's it. Those missions mean nothing because they are small, but it means everything for the kingdom. At least, means nothing to me. I prefer huge battles — not so huge like the battle at the ruins of Gorlan — but not this. This was boring and annoying. Why can't people just follow simple rules?
     To answer that question — I can't answer that question, actually, since I am a rule-breaker myself. You know, breaking in, stealing and that stuff.
     And then about our aunt. James kept searching with me for hints and things that could relate to our aunt. But nobody, at least in Redmont, knows about our aunt. And if we asked about our parents and about the relations they had with others, people just simply shrugged it off. But there was one person who knew a little bit about our parents. That person told us our parents weren't really popular in the neighbourhood. Our father, Marc, used to live with our aunt. But our aunt is a mysterious woman who acts strange. I don't know what that person said precisely, but either way, I don't believe a word from what that person said. Our aunt is not mean!
     That day, I had returned disappointed and sad home. Charlotte was waiting for James and me. It was Sunday, that day, and Will gave me one exception on training, by giving us that day free from training.
     "But how are we supposed to find our aunt if she is completely anonymous?" James had asked.
     "I don't know. . ." I had answered. "I just don't know. . ."
     Two weeks passed after that affair and I hadn't spoken to anyone. I kept silent and quiet and I only spoke when someone asked me something. One night, I was about to go to bed, when I heard Will and James talking. About me.
     "He doesn't say anything!" James had said.
     "He needs time to figure out things himself," Will had answered. "He's a quick learner and an excellent archer. But what hurts and touches him the most is failure. He thinks he failed when he couldn't find your aunt."
     James had nodded. "He didn't fail at all! He pushed himself further and he is so willing to find our aunt. I'm gonna help him whenever he needs me."
     "Don't help him too much," Will had suggested. "He likes to discover things himself."
     "I don't care!" James had said. "He's my little brother!"
     Even Will couldn't protest anymore when he heard that.
     After that, they hadn't spoken each other. Me either.

It was another two days silent before I decided to speak out. It was late in afternoon when I approached Will. I cleared my throat and said: "Will, can you help me?"
     Will, seeing my face and hearing the tone of my voice, instantly knew what I meant. "Of course, I'll help you. Have you a plan?"
     I shook my head. "I don't know how to tackle this — I'm completely powerless! I just don't know what to do. I want to find her and I want. . ." I hesitated for a moment, sighed and closed my eyes. My hands were fists when I got the courage to say what I wanted to say. "I want to tell her so much. . . I need to —"
     Will abruptly interrupted me and said: "Hold on, Silver. Whatever you want, I'll help you find out who your aunt is." Then he suddenly smiled and said: "I have a network of connections!"
     My face lit up. "So, you know people who know people and those people can tell you they know people they know, and then the people who know those people can help us and they know the right people to ask people they know?"
     Will looked a very long moment at me in silence, then said: "You know, I'm almost tempted to ask you to repeat that."
     I nervously smiled. "I'm not sure if I can manage to repeat myself, sir."
     Will smiled at me, then called for James. James had been sitting in Will's room, reading a book. Again. Now, he showed up and gave us that look — Finally done talking? "How are things going?"
     "He has made his first decision on his own," Will sarcastically said.
     I poked Will in his ribs and then said to James: "I'm going to find our aunt!"
     James smiled. "And I'll go with you!"
     I nodded and looked at both Will and James, who have become my very best friends. I know they'll stand beside me. And so will I.