"You're the only person I know that gives indefinite hugs," I snuggled in.

"Well, bii, where else would I rather be?" he snickered.

In that moment, the arms squeezed a fraction tighter and I breathed more slowly. My body melting into his as every muscle lost its tension to the spring air.

This was life, real life.

He stroked my hair and pulled me tighter into his chest. The warmth of being with another human being and feeling blissful made all the pain and misery I experienced previously worthwhile.

The hug was an exchange of pure joy between me and him.

He released me from his embrace and caressed my cheeks gently as he looked at me lovingly.

"Falling in love with you was like entering a house and finally realizing I'm home," he said as he pushed a strand of my hair behind my ears.

"I've once said that your smile made me feel as if there's an invisible hands wrapping around me, making me feel safe. When your eyes are locked on mine, it's like I can see galaxies instead of just pupils. Till today, you still have such effect on me, " he continued as he enveloped my hands firmly in his.

"Having you in my life makes me feel like everything's possible in this world. Like I can conquer anything. I don't regret meeting you and I know you might be my first but what I really wish in life, is for you to be my last," he confessed as he placed a kiss on my hand.

Tears raced down my cheeks. They were tears of joy.

"Meeting you was a fate," I stated as I raised my hand and wiped away the strings of tears that rolled down his cheeks.

"Being your friend; a choice. And falling in love, was bound to happen. You are the one who paints my world. You are the one who keeps me shielded, defends me from the brutality. You are the one I will die a thousand times for," I continued as I placed his hand on my cheek.

"I chose you, and I am willing to repeat the action over and over. A million times over. I hurt you several times," I paused as I recalled the series of events when I lied to him again and again.

"Yet here you stand, holding me, like I am your hope. My heart melted by your fire, and embraced yours with the flutter of wild feelings I felt," I confessed as I felt a blush burned through my cheeks and my face felt like a hot oven.

"Could anyone ever feel, or understand what we've been through? No, most certainly not. Thy pain is mine. I feel your pain raging in my soul, and turning my veins to ash. Not puppy love, I think. It's a match made in heaven," he replied adoringly as he placed his other hand on my cheek and stare lovingly into my eyes.

We both knew it was coming. A shy look before he pulled my face closer and our lips met.

His lips brushed mine. Not innocently, like a tease but hot, fiery, passionate and demanding. In this minty moment, my senses have been seduced and I can no longer think straight.

"Bii" he whispers slowly, prolonging each letter as if to savor them.

I smiled, my heart fluttering at his voice as I clasped my hands on either side of his face. Never before has my name ever felt so wonderful a one, I think, as I lean in for another...

*****

6 months later

At the roof top of Ashton's apartment

Ashton's POV

"I feel incomplete without you. When I saw the knife piercing into your body, it felt as if it was pierced mercilessly into mine too. I am glad that you are standing in front of me right now and the culprit is behind bars now," I said as I kneel down with a bouquet of flowers and a diamond ring in my hands.

"Every time I look at you, I feel love and inspiration coursing through me. How destiny writes fates, I see. You are my treasure. You taught me to dream fearlessly, and love limitlessly, " I confessed as I recall all the past memories we shared.

"I cherish you. I want to spend a lifetime with you. I need you by my side, hooking fingers with mine. And together, we will face the challenges life gives us," I continued as she blinked and a drop of tear dripped down from her cheeks.

"If one dozen of red roses says 'be mine,' then two dozen says 'I'm yours.' Will you marry me and be mine forever so I can be yours?" I popped the question as I felt my heart beating frantically as I swallowed my saliva nervously.

She moved her hands to cover her mouth as more drops of tears flowed uncontrollably down her cheeks before she nodded enthusically.

Then, she curled her fingers around the bouquet as I slid the diamind ring into her ring finger.

Happiness flowed through me, warming my skin like the rays of an early summer sun. My customary cautious grin exploded into a radiant smile.

Everything was going to be alright now, I had her and she had me. We were a team and from today, no one could separate us, for better or worse.

She moves her head closer to me. She leans in, so her forehead rested against mine. We closed our eyes. Both our breaths are shaking.

"Thank you, " she said in barely more than a whisper.

" For what? " I replied with a voice low and husky.

"For being you, " her voice wavers, exhilarated from the tension between us.

Then, she gently leans in and kissed my warm lips.

When she kissed me, my brain lit on fire and the warmth spread throughout my entire body. After that, I was addicted. I couldn't bare not to be with her and I could barely breathe when she was around.

Those kisses were my salvation and my torment. I lived for them and I would die with the memory of them on my lips. I dedicated my life to being with her from the moment of that first kiss.

For I knew that if I lost her, I would lose myself. She was the half that made me whole.

It's strange - frightening even - how you can go from someone being a complete stranger, to then being completely infatuated by them and wondering how it ever was that you were able to live without them. Because you sure as hell couldn't imagine being without them now.

I know we're only young, and most people would consider me to be foolish and naïve. However, it's true when I say that I love her more than I could ever love myself.

She's my best friend and, as cheesy as it sounds, she's my anchor. My one stability in this world filled with chaos.

"Boo, you are going to be a father again," she said with a huge grin on her face as she placed my hand on her not so flat belly.

"YESSSS! ME GOING TO BE A BIG BROTHER SOON!!" Jerome cheered as he emerged from nowhere and ran straight towards us.

So shall it stay put, a smile eternally stained upon my lips.

My joy, my love, my laughter, my cheer. All will reach the ears of those who have forgotten the warmth of such harmonies. I will share it all. I will play life's song, the swelling symphony that can mend any broken heart.

No child will be left unsmiling.

/ THE END /

❤️

A big thank you to my constant readers, voters and comment-ers! My book wouldn't have came so far without all of you! 🙆‍♀️🙆‍♀️

Royal_D_Sage
SoleilBaisse
Precyboo
flora-Ihirwe
akhiro2323
smilessayitall

Once again, this chaper is for ALL of you! 😉😘