Chapter 15 (The Final Chapter)

I woke up more exhausted than when I went to bed. The nightmares haunted my dreams not allowing me to sleep for more than an hour at a time. I figured that by 7 o'clock it was time to give up trying. I had to go to work anyway. I reach across my bed to check my phone, one new message. I listen to the sound of Rossi's voice, "Hey Spencer we know you have gone through a lot in the last few days so there is no need for you to come into work today. In fact take the next two weeks off, I hope you are alright, bye" The message went blank. I felt relived, I wasn't sure if I would have been able to concentrate on anything today. I still got out of bed and got dressed. I attempted to tackle my hair but whatever I did it just lay in a messy clump on top of my head, just how I like it. I walked down to my car, someone must have drove it over. I started the car and headed for the hospital to see Victoria, along the way I stopped and picked up some red roses, the same one's I got her on our first date. The hospital was very busy today it was hard to find a spot but when I did I hopped out of the car and walked up to the front door. I walked all the way to her room only to find her still sleeping. I slowly entered the room and set the flowers beside other balloons and flowers from family members and friends. I was only in her room for five minutes before I heard her make a loud gasp. I looked over at her confused. She started squirming and kicking the air. She waved her arms like a lunatic and started yelling, screaming. I jumped out of the chair and lightly put my hand on her arm. "It's okay Victoria, I'm here, shh quiet" I stroked her soft hair out of her face as she batted her eyes open. "Spencer? I'm sorry, I just, I can't" Her eyes looked sad, full of pain and heartache "Hey? I'm here now" I sat back in the hard wooden chair still holding her arm "You've been having them too?" "Yeah doctor's said I have been having them all night" "I know the feeling, barely got a wink of sleep" I move my hand down to her hand and give it a gentle squeeze. "I'm glad your here now" Her expression changed to the more happy side of her that I know and love. "You need some sleep" Victoria moved over to the far edge of her bed and patted the spot beside her "and I might be able to if I have someone here" She smiled a sad smile begging me with her eyes. I shrugged and climbed into the empty spot beside her. She curled up to me and I rolled over to face her. "You are so beautiful" I brushed my thumb on her cheek. She blushed and refused to look me in the eye. She then shoved her face in my chest and I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and resting it on her back. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep but I don't remember doing it, I just remember it going dark.

When I woke up Victoria was still asleep, snoring like a puppy. I carefully reached over and grabbed my phone '4 o'clock.' There were no nightmares, no waking up screaming, just a long peaceful sleep. I lyed in that same position wishing I could never leave it, wishing we could stay like this forever. She rolled over and opened her eyes, rubbing them. "Can I wake up every morning seeing your face?" I think she is joking but I hope she meant it. I didn't know what to say back so I just leaned in and kissed her nose. She smiled which made me smile. The nurse walked in to her and I laying in the bed. "Good evening love birds" she said jokingly. I got out of the bed and fixed my scrunched up vest and tie. She added some more morphine to the tubes that were connected to Victoria's hand. "This will be the last little bit, you can leave a few more hours" Victoria smiled about that, she wanted to go home. I would probably ask her if she wanted to come back to my place so she wasn't home alone, whether she said yes or no was her decision. "But I suggest you don't drive or do any heavy lifting, you don't want to have to come back" "Okay, got it, no driving, no heavy lifting" Victoria was anxious "And also don't in jest any alcohol for the next few days while you are still taking your medication" "Yes ma'am" "Okay, you two have a nice day" She nodded to Victoria and I as she walked out the door. I walk over and sit in the chair again, "So I was thinking, maybe if you wanted to stay with me over the next few days, you know so your not alone?" "Yeah, I would love that, thanks Spence"

A few hours later the doctor came in. "So Victoria you are free to go, no heav..." "Yes yes, no heavy lifting, no driving, no drinking. The nurse already told me" "Well then, I guess your free to go" Victoria practically jumped out of bed. "Woah slow down, your going to hurt yourself" I said as I ran over to help her. "I'm sorry, I just want to get out of here, I can't stare at that same pattern on the ceiling anymore" I laughed at her stubbornness. I grabbed her hand as she kicked her legs off the edge of the bed. I helped her to her feet and grabbed her arm. As we walked out of the room the doctor handed us her percrsciption. We walked down the hallway and out to the car. I opened the door for her to get into the passengers seat. I got in my side and drove to the nearest pharmacist. I ran in and grabbed her prescription and ran back out to the car. There she waited, playing with her thumbs and singing a lulaby to herself. I must have scared her when I opened the car door because she almost jumped through the car roof. (Figuratively speaking of course) "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" "Oh it's okay, I guess I'm still a little jumpy" I put down the bag and and started the car. I drove up to my apartment. "So this is where you live?" "Yep, it's not much but it's enough" I opened her side of the door and helped her out. We took the elevator up to my floor. She squeezed me hand really tight as we went up. "You okay?" "Yeah, I'm just a little claustrophobic, don't worry about it" The doors opened on my floor and I walked her to my room. "This is it" I opened the door and walked in. She closed the door behind her and walked over to the couch. She set her purse down on the table and looked around. "You have so many books" She scanned her fingers along their edges. "Reading is what I do" I shrugged and walked over to the fridge. "Maybe that's why they call you Spencer Reid?" I laughed "I never thought of it that way. You want something to eat?" "No I am okay for now, but thanks. Do you think you could drive me to my house to pick up a few things?" "Yeah of course" I got back in the car and drove to her house, she quickly ran in and came out with a small bag . "Your a light packer" "I don't need much" "I was thinking maybe we could grab some pizza or something for dinner" "Yeah that sounds great" We stopped at the closest pizza parlour and walked inside. I ordered a large pepperoni pizza. "Let me pay?" Victoria suggested. "No way, I'm paying" "Fine!" We walked out to the car with the hot pizza in my hand. "You know, I originally wanted to take you out for a nice steak dinner but I don't quite think your up for that" She smiled "No tonight but I do expect it in the near future" We both laughed and I drove back to my house. We sat down to a fancy candle lite dinner of pizza and soda. It was so romantic. I wasn't a steak dinner but we still found a way to make it the most enjoyable night I have had in a while. I offered to take the couch but she sad she didn't mind staying in the bed with me. It's not that I didn't want to, I just wanted to make sure she was comfortable. We curled up in the bed with her breathing down my neck. I quickly fell asleep, thinking about her, how beautiful she was, and how our lives were going to turn out together. I love her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I have finished this story, I had so much fun writing it and thank you guys so much for reading it and enjoying it. I will be writing a sequel to this story and it will be up very soon I promise. The sequel will be called 'After it All (a sequel to the Life Outside the BAU).' So yeah, thanks again, you guys have really motivated me to write more and I just love it so much so thank you for helping make me feel all warm and bubbly inside. See you in the next book :) :) :)