Chapter 5

(Spencers P.O.V)

It's been two days, two long awful days. Victoria and I are starving and won't make it much longer without food or water. I didn't show up for work yesterday so someone has to know I'm gone. Morgan's probably called me four time's and JJ about twenty. Garcia's worried sick, and Hotch acts calm but is stressing on the inside. But what about Victoria, she has to have family too, a mother, a father, maybe a brother or sister. Someone has to be looking for us. I hear rustling outside the large metal doors that appear before us. The room is small and has brick walls and a cold metal floor. There are no windows or furniture. There are two small blankets on the floor where we have been sleeping. There are messages written on the walls, probably from previous inmates. As the sound outside the door gets closer Victoria slowly makes her way over to my side and grabs my hand looking for comfort. We both squish our bodies together so much that I can feel her heart beat. I never realized how dark this room was until real light crawled it's way to our eyes almost blinding us. My eyes start watering trying to keep the burning to a minimum. Victoria puts her arm in front of her eyes as a very tall, bulky guy makes his way towards us. When my eyes adjust to the light I notice that the man is Tyler. I haven't seen him since the day he threw us in here. I jumped to my feet making Victoria jump a little. "What the hell are we doing here?" I demand is stern voice, one that I have never heard myself make. "Well Mr. Federal Agent" he pauses "Your girlfriend over here doesn't understand the term 'I'll love you forever' , and you... just happened to get in the way" "Why are you keeping us here, that was a long time ago Tyler!" Victoria questions standing up also. "Oh my dear, I never noticed how absolutely loving you are" Tyler walks over to Victoria and strokes her face. She scrunches up her face but doesn't move. This makes my cringe,if I had my gun I would kill him right now. Over the past two days Victoria and I have grown together. I loved her more than anything or anyone I have ever loved. She was a wonderful, beautiful girl who didn't deserve any of this. I bite my tongue for the fear that anything I say might make this situation worse. Tyler goes in for a kiss but Victoria flinches her face completely away from his. The expression on his face was that of complete and utter shock. He lifted his hand in the air and slapped her across the cheek. She held her cheek but refused to cry. Instead she stared him dead in the eyes. I could feel the heat boiling up in my face. I could hit him, but he could also hit me back. "Son of a bitch" I say quietly to myself. Clearly I wasn't quite enough because he turned to face me "What was that?" He asked in a furious tone. "You heard me" I challenged him. It's not like me to do that, but in here I'm not who I normally am, I'm different and I can tell that probably won't change. He took a step closer, I suddenly started regretting what I had said. I gulped and took a deep breath for what was about to happen, but I never took my eyes off of him. He got right up in my face. "Your funny kid" He chuckled at me and walked away. As he walked away another man passed him and be was carrying food and a bottle of water. It was only two globs of gunk on a plastic plate but I was so hungry I didn't care. My eyes lite up as he handed them to us. I looked back at Victoria who was still holding her cheek. I put my food down and walked over to her crouched beside her. "I'm so sorry" I say "It wasn't your fault" She tries to smile but suddenly stops. Her face is already bruising giving her a huge black eye. I touch her face where the bruise isn't and wipe away her tears. "It's okay Victoria" I was lying to her, I had no idea if we would ever make it out of here alive but I had hope, and so did she. "Now let's eat" I say lightly shrugging her shoulder with mine. I pick up my glob and as does she. I take the tiny plastic fork and shovel mounds of it into my mouth not caring how I look. I am so hungry. It looked like shit but didn't taste all that bad if you can get past the revolting texture. Victoria turns and looks at me "Tastes like chicken" she jokes. It's the first time I've been able to truly smile since I got here. I know it won't last long so I enjoy it while I can. I take large gulp of water letting it drip down my chin. I save half the bottle not knowing when I'll get another one. We finish our meals and lye down in our so called bed. The blankets had holes in them, we had to use our arms as pillows. Victoria and I usually sleep right together to create more body heat. There is no way of knowing when it's day or night. Victoria and I lye there, face to face. "Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?" I ask her. She doesn't answer she just smiles, the best she can. I kiss her lips trying not to touch anything sore on her face. She kisses me back. This is the only thing keeping me going. Although I'm glad I have her I wish she wasn't here. I wish she was at home reading some old cook book and baking her grandma's sugar cookies. It's hard to see her go through this but we can do it together. We feel asleep with my arm over her and my face buried in the back of her neck. I woke up hearing a large argument outside the door. Victoria is still sleeping beside me. I get up trying not to wake her and make my way over to the door. I press my ear to it and close my eyes. Getting rid of one sense enhances the others. "I told you we should have killed the Fed when we had the chance, now there is a state wide search for us!" I hear Tyler yell "Oh would you calm down I have this under control." said another man "Under control?" Tyler yells even louder this time. "They are going to find us and send us to jail" "Well if your to much of wimp to handle this job maybe we otta' kill you!" I hear the other man say. "What did you just say to me?" Tyler asks sounding disgusted. I hear someone snap their fingers and then more movement. I hear the one man demanding people to get their hands off of him. Then I hear a gun shot and the yelling stops. I take my ear off the door and slowing make my way away from it. The gunshot woke Victoria up. She shot up and ran over to me. She gave me a questioning look and I shook my head, telling her I had no idea what was happening. She grabs my arm and stays behind me. I grab her hand just as the huge metal doors swing open. Tyler walks in the room looking like he wanted to bite our heads off. There was blood all over his white shirt and a pistol in his hand. He points the gun at me and pushes it into my forehead. "You don't want to do this Tyler, right now all you have done is kidnap us, there is no dead body and I don't think you want one" I say trying to convince him to lower the gun. "SHUT UP!" he screams. His eyes start filling with tears of stress. His hand starts shaking as he stares me in the eye. "It's your fault, it's all your fault!" I don't say anything "You got the Feds involved, it's your fault" He sounds like he is going insane. "Calm down it's go..." "DON'T INTERRUPT ME, I'M TRYING TO THINK!" Tyler demands. "Alright, okay" I agree with him. I can hear Victoria crying behind me. He takes the gun off my forehead and points it at Victoria. "No, it's me your mad at remember? You want me not her" I try and take his focus off of her. Tyler looks over at me keeping the gun on Victoria. "Don't tell me what to do" He snarls. He pulls the trigger.