Chapter 7: First Contact

A/N: I'm not exactly sure this is how head injuries work in the real world, RWBYverse, BNHA, or otherwise. I've never been injured in such a manner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ozpin P.O.V.

I don't understand. He's said nothing. He was up and wandering the cell before, and now he's sitting in the center, cross-legged, and staring at me.

I tap on the glass. He blinks.

(Ozpin) - You've been awfully quiet, Overhaul. Is there something you'd like to say?

He blinks for a moment, before responding monotonously.

(Y/N) - Self diagnosis; A minor concussion, and two fractures. One to the back of the skull, the other behind my left ear.

I look at him, surprised. It's a damn miracle that he's able to think so clearly with those kinds of injuries.

(Ozpin) - ...It should be near impossible for you to think that clearly with those injuries. What do you need to fix it?

He raises his encased arms, and taps the confinement against the glass.

(Y/N) - Hands. Overhaul. Repair.

(Ozpin) - You know I can't do that. Too many possibilities.

(Y/N) - Health deteriorating over time. Tick tock, Wizard.

...He's right. If his health deteriorates too much, we may never get through to him. We won't learn anything from him either.

...I don't have another option.

I take the remote for his restraints, and press the release button.

(Glynda) - Ozpin-

(Ozpin) - If he can't repair himself, we won't get anything out of him.

He wastes no time in removing the bandages from his fingers, and placing his bare hands on the back of his head. He tears the damaged parts down to the molecules, and rearranges them in perfect working order. 

We run the scans. He's repaired everything: the concussion and both fractures.

(Y/N) - Oh, wow, much better. Remind me to commend Coco the next time we meet. She knows how to throw a punch.

(Ozpin) - Don't try anything funny, Overhaul.

(Y/N) - How can I? Even with my enhanced reflexes, in the twenty seconds it will take me to reach the glass separating you and me, it will take a quarter that time - if not less - for Goodwitch to rob me of motor functions, and keep me from touching anything.

I share a look with her, and she nods.

(Glynda) - He's got a point.

We turn back to him.

(Ozpin) - So... the 'Semblance Killers'. Explain how those work.

(Y/N) - Ironically, they're the cause of a semblance. However, active use of said semblance strains my comrade's body to the point of breaking, so extraction is the most effective method.

(Glynda) - Extraction?

He takes off his tattered mask, overhauls it back into it's original, unbroken state, and puts it back on his face.

(Y/N) - Blood. Four ounces of his blood will take a semblance back fifteen years. The blood is mixed with trace amounts of relaxants and various tranquilizers to allow the drug to work at maximum effect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N P.O.V.

Ozpin looks at me, interested.

(Ozpin) - Interesting... So you didn't rewind the bodies of my students, rather their progress with their semblances?

(Y/N) - Very good. You catch on fast. 

I begin to massage my hands. Something I do to entertain myself when I have nothing else to do.

(Ozpin) - Surely you... made a cure, in the event that you wound up jabbing yourself with one of those shots?

I give him the most deadpan look I can manage.

(Y/N) - Do you take me for an idiot, Ozpin? Of course I made a cure. The original test subjects still want their semblances back.

(Glynda) - ORIGINAL test subjects?

(Y/N) - It's adorable that you think that I'm just gonna tell you everything. You are not getting names. You aren't getting locations. All you're getting is the trivial details.

(Ozpin) - Trivial or not, I need three doses of that cure.

(Y/N) - And as you can see, I do not have it. I did not have it when I was fighting RWBY and JNPR, I did not have it when CFVY apprehended me, and I do not have it now. 

(Ozpin) - How do you make the cure?

(Y/N) - You'd need my my comrade, and his younger siblings. Their semblances go hand in hand in the process of making the cure, and you'd need a lot of certain chemicals that are very unstable when mixed together incorrectly.

(Glynda) - Your cure is unstable?!

(Y/N) - No. No, it's not. Only if it's incorrectly mixed.

(Ozpin) - Let's start from the top. What happened at the start for you to become who you are now?

(Y/N) - Why should I talk? Ask Ruby or Yang. With how trusted you are, I've little doubt they'll spill. If they don't, feel free to come back.

He looks at me for a moment, before turning to Goodwitch.

(Ozpin) - Keep an eye on him.

She nods, He leaves, and I'm stuck here, her eyes trying to stare into my soul.

(Glynda) - Your comrades likely have a sense of loyalty. They'll be coming for you soon enough.

(Y/N) - Not likely. They know I've been captured, and are likely trying to put as much distance between them and us at this very moment.

(Glynda) - You really believe that?

(Y/N) - The New Precepts don't believe that one soldier being captured means deviation to the cause. 

She looks at me surprised, and continues to keep watch of me.

I was telling her the truth. Besides...

Even if I am detained here NOW, they won't be able to hold me forever. I just can't make a move to touch anything while in her line of sight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a solid 900 words. Not bad. Not bad at all. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and are having a wonderful (Time of day)! I'm sorry for not posting in so long!

Adagium Subjugate, OUT!