Prologue: Freedom in Reassembly

Y/N P.O.V.

Beaten.

Stabbed.

Bruised.

I've seen it all in the span of four years. I've felt it all too. My mother, Summer Rose, was married to my father, Kai Chisaki for fifteen years before he died. I was three then. Old enough to remember bits and bytes about him. He was a germophobe, but he cared. He treated me like I mattered. When he died, Summer got remarried to Taiyang Xiao Long, and over time, my life became a living hell. Uncle Qrow, and Aunt Raven both have had their ways of making me want to die, but I'm still here. Being tortured by everyone. Even Mom turned on me. Started beating me down. One day... It happened. And I discovered my semblance. I was seven when it happened.

(Tai) - Y/N! Get your ass down here, NOW!

(Y/N) - C-coming!

I stumble down the stairs, hoping that just this once, I'll be cared for instead of beaten into the ground like always. No such luck. Qrow trips me, and Raven and Mom hold me down while Ruby and Yang pummel me. I cough up blood like I usually do, and wait for it to stop. They aren't done yet. I cry out in pain as Yang finally splinters my arm, completing the damage from the last time she broke it. Raven decides to finish the job. She takes her Omen, and prepares to strike.

(Y/N) - W-wait! PLEASE!

(Raven) - Shut up.

One clean strike. One swift blow is all it takes. I fall to the ground, blood flowing from the stumps where my legs used to be. I pass out from the blood loss. What's gonna happen to me now?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timeskip: Y/N P.O.V.

I wake up to see my legs wrapped up, and my arm in a cast. I knew they did it. Why did they do it?! What the hell'd I ever do to them?!

(Ruby) - Big bwother?

I turn to see Ruby, my half-sister.

(Y/N) - What do YOU want?

She comes closer.

(Ruby) - I... wanted to see if you were okay...

(Y/N) - I don't believe a word of that.

(Ruby) - Wh-what?

(Y/N) - I have six people to blame for what happened to me, and you are one of them! I have no legs, and a broken arm, all because you wanted to have a good time. Get. Out.

(Ruby) - B-big bwother-

(Y/N) - DID I STUTTER?! GET! OUT!

She starts bawling, and runs out the door.In a fit of rage I slam my open palm against the wall, and the woodwork tears itself apart.

(Y/N) - ...Woah...

I reach out to the missing piece of the wall, and it reappears! I've inherited dad's semblance... I'M the next Overhaul... 

I rip the cast from my broken arm, and press my hand against it. I will my arm to come apart, and it does. I will it back together, and it comes back. I flex my overhauled arm, noticing that it hasn't been in better shape for years. I reach for my disembodied legs, and take them apart, before placing them on their stumps, and overhauling them back on. I jump from the bed. I can walk again! I open one of the drawers in the dresser behind me, and see my father's mask. I take it, and strap it to my neck.

(Y/N) - Dad... I will be okay. I promise. I'm gonna get out of here. But first...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summer P.O.V.

I can't believe that we'd actually do that to my own son. I can't believe I'd allow that to happen to my baby boy.

(Yang) - Mom?

(Raven) - Yeah, sweetie?

(Yang) - Will Bro be okay?

(Raven) - I...

She looks to me desperately.

(Summer) - I don't believe he will. We've done too much. The only thing we can do is make sure he knows he's loved from here on out.

(Yang) - O-okay...

(Qrow) - ...

(Tai) - Yang...

(Ruby) - WAAAAAAAAAHH!

Ruby runs from the hallway, crying, and jumps into my arms.

(Summer) - Ruby?! Ruby, what's wrong?!

(Ruby) - B-*hic* Big bwother-*hic* yelled at me! I was a howwible sister to him, and now he hates me-e-e-e!

(Summer) - What...?

Ruby continues to sob as I pass her to Tai, and run to my son's room. He's not there, and there's a large hole in the wall, leading outside. 

(Summer) - NO!

I run out the hole, as everyone else floods into the room. They're all shocked by the hole, I'm guessing. I can't care less. I see him running through the forest, and eventually out of sight. I can't... No... It's not possible...

(Raven) - Sum? Those trees... 

I look to see the collapsed trees he left in his wake. They all had their trunks taken out from under them.

Oh no...

He has Overhaul.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N P.O.V.

After doing a total overhaul on all the different pieces of my body, and tearing the hole in the wall, and all those trees, I'm free at last. Free to do as I please... Now...

Where to go from here?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

809 words. Not too bad for the prologue. I hope you like where I'm going to go with this story! Have a nice (Time of Day)!