"that sucks. how much weed was in them?" he asks, shifting in place. the floor is uncomfortably hard, but he doesn't want to make ted uncomfortable by sitting next to him, especially since noah's feelings are probably painfully obvious. even travis has called him out on liking ted, even though he's too dense to realise that cooper's been flirting with him for the past year. luckily for him, though, ted hasn't seemed to notice, and if he does, maybe he just doesn't care.

"four hundred milligrammes," ted answers, and noah hums in response, then does a double take.

"i'm sorry, did you say four hundred?" ted nods and pats the couch cushion next to him, a gesture for noah to sit beside him. noah bites the inside of his cheek, hesitating for a moment, then pushes himself up, crossing his legs and turning to ted.

"four hundred milligrammes, noah," he repeats, and noah sighs, patting ted's shoulders. it's honestly a miracle ted isn't knocked out right now, and they sit in silence until cooper and carson come along, helping ted up. noah looks up at them, confused, and cooper answers his unasked question.

"we're going to get him some salt water and see if he can throw up, maybe it'll stop all the weed 'n shit from taking full affect, y'know?" noah shrugs — he doesn't know, actually, he's ever been that high — and watches as ted is whisked away.

which is kind of perfect, really, because now it gives him time to think.

ted is great. he's chaotic and loud and just fucking amazing. even if he might be too chaotic sometimes, he's willing to sit down and have serious conversations with you if you want him to, and he's one of the greatest friends noah's ever had the pleasure of having. he's the perfect mix of chaos and excitement and noah finds it adorable. he's cute and funny and somehow always makes noah laugh, and even if sometimes noah seems annoyed with him, he knows it isn't real. he's so perfectly imperfect that noah simply cannot help falling in love with him.

it's around forty-five minutes later when ted returns, half-lidded eyes and breath smelling of vomit masked by mint toothpaste, shoulders slumped and body moving slow. he collapses into the couch, head resting against the back, and noah reaches out and pats his shoulder.

"fucking- touching and feeling things around me feels bad," ted says, and noah immediately begins to withdraw his hand, until ted reaches up and grabs his hand, lacing their fingers together, "but your hands feel really nice, i like them." 

noah blinks, face flushing and averting his gaze. "oh." he says, completely flustered, and brushes his hair from his face. "your hands are nice, too." 

"but noah, your hands are nicer," ted whines, leaning his head against noah's shoulder, letting his eyes flutter shut. noah reaches over and pulls the metal framed glasses from ted's face, folding them and placing them on the armrest beside him. "noah," ted draws out his name, "pay attention to me, please," 

noah chuckles and begins to card his hands through ted's hair, listening to ted practically purr and feeling him moving his head up into noah's hand. "you're cute, ted." he murmurs, not knowing or caring if ted hears him, and ted looks up at him from his place resting on noah's shoulder. his warm breath ghosts across noah's neck, making the younger shudder.

"'m not, noah, you're cuter!" noah snorts, but ted continues quietly. "you're not cute, you're hot. no, no, wait, you're actually both! cute and hot," he slurs out, yawning. his yawn is contagious — noah yawns as well, covering his mouth with his free hand, and smiles.

"thank you, theo," he murmurs quietly, and ted nods, nuzzling further into noah.

"you smell good.. 'm tired." noah chuckles softly, then pulls away from a whining ted, standing up and helping the man up. ted stumbles a little, following behind noah, keeping his hand firmly interlocked with the younger's. "where we goin', noah?" he asks softly, and noah turns, giving ted his lopsided smile, the one ted's always wanted to see grace noah's face. 

"a bedroom. you said you're tired, so we can cuddle or something so you can sleep." ted brightens up as noah opens the door, lunging forward and wrapping his arms around noah. he stumbles and makes noah fall back, and thankfully they land on the bed, ted pressed against noah's chest. 

having ted in his arms feels nice. noah presses his lips to ted's shoulder, then to his cheek, then nose, then to the corner of his lips, pulling back to gaze lovingly into the other's eyes. ted presses closer, keeping his hand interlocked with noah's as he leans forward and connects their lips in a gentle kiss.

they kiss and kiss and kiss, one of noah's hands gently resting on ted's hips as their lips meet continuously, thumb rubbing circles into ted's skin. 

they pull apart and ted whines, moving closer to kiss noah again, but noah laughs and presses his hand against ted's lips.

"calm down, tiger," he jokes, "you should probably sleep off that high you've got there. we've got plenty of time to do that shit later." ted sighs softly, but moves to the side, nuzzling into noah's neck.

it doesn't take long for ted to drift off, and it's only a matter of time before noah starts to doze, and then he realises. his headache's gone. he chuckles softly and turns, pressing his lips to ted's forehead and inhaling deeply, letting himself fall asleep.