OUT OF THE WOODS

( gif by crystallous )

⋆. ༄*:・

Sing me no songs of daylight,
For the sun is the enemy of lovers
Sing instead of shadows and darkness,
And memories of midnight
( Sappho)

⋆. ༄*:・

ALYSIA RAYNE'S PAST is a graveyard of broken dreams. Daughter of Kro Varian warriors, the decision to allow her training as a Jedi was one debated since the beginning of her time on Coruscant. She was too old, they claimed, and already fluent in her homeworld's art of Shaping - regarded by the Jedi as an archaic practice that utilized the dark side of the Force. It was only through the steadfast commitment of the one who discovered her, Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, that they accepted her.

Eventually made a padawan by Jedi Master Carmya Denau, a caring yet aloof soul who only strengthened her ambivalence to the authority of the Council, the two embarked out together, forging their own path rather than yielding to the orthodox one. Joined often by the ever eccentric Qui-Gon and his decidedly more conventional padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi, whom Alysia quickly developed affection for despite their differing views, life was filled with an abundance of love for the first time she had ever known.

But the feeling, like an abundance of such ones, was fleeting. The tragic death of Qui-Gon Jinn followed by the inexplicable disappearance of her Master would cause Alysia to return home once again - this time as a Jedi Watchman. Given a directive to maintain peace on Kro Var by the Jedi Council, she took up the post without quarrel, eager to flee from Coruscant and the tainted memories that brought nothing but pain.

But with the eruption of the Clone Wars, her days removed from the heart of galactic affairs are over. A Sith Lord is whispering in Alysia's ears, posing as a friend. The allegiance of the Kro Var Shapers is up in the air. And it is not until Alysia confronts her past that she will be able to pull herself out of the darkness and into the light.

MARIE AVGEROPOULOS
as . . .
ALYSIA RAYNE
( Jedi Maverick )

ALYSIA RAYNE( Jedi Maverick )