o. when the boy who lived met the girl who had no choice

Start from the beginning

Melody grabbed a handful of the infamous ashy and dark gray floo powder that was placed in a jet black bowl on a table. As Melody ducked her head into the fireplace and faced her mother, excess powder fell from in between the spaces of her fingers. With one last smile, the young girl looked straight forward, taking a deep breath, and said those infamous two words.

"Malfoy Manor!" with that Melody threw down the floo powder at her feet and she disappeared in a fiery green flame.

★ ★ ★ ★

Melody stood walking on the concrete road of Diagon Alley while looking around in awe at everything around her. She looked all around her turning in a full one-eighty turn at all the different and unique shops. Despite Melody already being born into the magical world and always coming to Diagon Alley with her parents, she still couldn't get over how astonishing everything was. She was often scolded by her father when he would catch her with a silly grin on her face saying that she was "embarrassing them with her foolish and childish ways". Honestly, the young brunette could care less since she was often told that by her father every time they made a trip down to Diagon Alley.

With the list of supplies she needed tucking away in her black cloak pocket, Melody walked beside the slicked-back white-blonde haired boy she has grown up with since birth, Draco Malfoy. In front of her with a stalking and proud walk was Lucius Malfoy with the same slicked white-blonde hair but longer than his sons. Melody and Draco walked side by side with their shoulders almost touching while Draco had the small black box his father told him to hold onto in his arms. Despite Melody and Draco being almost polar opposites, they had a few things in common (besides them both having similar families and are in the same house).

As Lucius made the turn into Knockturn Alley, Melody's eyebrows frowned in confusion at the sudden change. The young girl knew Lucius had to make a small errand but she didn't figure it was in Knockturn Alley. Melody had been down Knockturn Alley before many times with her mother and father and those many visits still never got rid of her uncomfortable and wary feelings. She never liked being around the dark, cold, and strange-looking shops. It always gave her the chills especially the odd witches and wizards roaming around Knockturn Alley.

Draco could feel the sudden quietness and caution radiating off of Melody from the start they set eyes on Knockturn Alley. The once feeling of joy and happiness that was once radiating off of the young girl was gone. "You alright there Melody?" questioned Draco while nudging Melody but also glancing over at his father to see if he heard him, he didn't.

Melody snapped her attention towards Draco and let a small smile fall onto her lips as she nodded her long brunette haired head. "Of course, never better" answered Melody to which Draco nodded slowly while studying her features to see if she was really telling the truth. But he instantly stopped himself when his father turned around, facing the two.

Melody looked away from Draco to face Lucius as he stood looking over at something in one of the shops around them. Melody looked up at the shop they stopped at and read the dark yellow colored letters that said Borgin and Burkes on the dark green sign. The realization came upon Melody's face, remembering her father talking about Borgin and Burkes with her mother a few times at supper. Melody's father often talked about a man named Borgin purchasing items that her father would sell to him that interested Borgin.

"You two go on into the shop while I do something quickly. Don't touch anything, do you understand?" questioned Lucius with raised eyebrows and a stare that was as cold as winter snow.