18.

Leo p.o.v
After I left our apartment I took a long walk. I love Kate, and I don't want us to fight. But she doesn't trust me. I need to show her that I care. And I know exactly what to do.

I got back to our apartment and went into our room. I opened a drawer and I found it. Rocks from the park where Kate and I first kissed. I quietly left our room so I don't wake Kate. I fall asleep on the couch and early in the morning I woke up and left to work.

Kate p.o.v
I woke up alone. I walked into the living room and I could see Leo sleeping on the couch. But he was nowhere to be seen now. I was upset and sad but had too much work to think about that.

***

Later that day Leo came home. I was in the kitchen making dinner. He came into the kitchen without saying a word.

I looked at him sadly.

"Look Leo, I'm sorry. A lot has..."

"Stop"

Leo said. He doesn't even want to hear my apology. suddenly he got down on one knee. I looked at him in shock. What is he doing?

"Leo, what are you doing? We're too young"

"No, I know that. This is a promise ring. I will get you a better ring when I will ask you to marry me. This is just a promise. I promise you that you and Kiera are the only girls in my life. I promise you that I will show you every day how much you mean to me. And I promise that I will never take you for granted again. You are the one."

Tears were falling down my face slowly and a smile was on my lips. He is so romantic.

"Okay," I laughed.

Leo smiled, got off his knee, and put a ring on my finger. We kissed.

"I love you so much, Kate. Don't ever forget that." Leo said while looking at me with a sparkle in his eyes.

"I love you, too. So much" we kissed again.