This couldn't turn out well.
***
All four of us had rushed back to the castle as we slowly began walking through the corridor. "Hagrid always wanted a dragon", "yea he told us the first time we met him" I said finishing Harry's sentence. "It's crazy really. And worse, Malfoy knows" Ron grumbled looking slightly worried. "I don't understand is that bad" I asked looking to Ron. "Oh it's bad alright" he answered giving me a serious look.

Hermionie looked like she wanted to say something but was cut off by Mcgonagoll standing front of us. "Good evening" she said looking the angriest I'd ever seen her as a smirking Draco emerged from behind her.
***
I stood side by side along my three friends as we hung our heads shamefully in McGonagolls classroom. "Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night. Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken" she snapped at us. I looked at Ron our eyes both wide with shock.

"Fifty" Harry exclaimed in obvious shock as well. I looked over to see Draco with a very proud smile playing across his lips. "Each. And to ensure it doesn't happen again, all five of you will receive detention". When she said each I felt myself on the verge of tears. However when I heard her say all five of us I looked over to all three of my friends whom were sharing the same evil smirk that was on my face.

"Excuse me professor, perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said, "the five of us" Draco said sounding slightly annoyed. "No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy. You see, as honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. You will serve detention with your classmates" McGonagoll continued.

Draco's mouth hung open in shock as I tried my best not to let out a laugh.
***
We walked outside in a group towards Hagrids hut being led by the one and only Filch himself.
"A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming" Filch snarled. I shivered feeling my anxiety rising a bit.

Filch told us we were to be spending our punishment with Hagrid making my nerves lower a little bit at the thought. "Not still going on about that bloody dragon, are ya Hagrid" Filch groaned sounding slightly annoyed. I looked to Hagrid in confusion as he mumbled sadly "Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off to live in a colony".

I went to go over wanting to give Hagrid a reassuring hug but Filch pushed me back. "Hey leave her alone" I heard Ron say from beside me as Harry held him back. Filch just returned an evil grin as he continued telling us of our punishment.

"Hagrid man, you better shape up. You're going into the forest after all. Got to have your wits about you". I gasped as a shivering Draco exclaimed from beside me "The forest? Is this a joke? We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are...werewolves"! My eyes widened even more than I thought they were capable of as they met Draco's eyes.
For maybe the first time this whole school year I agreed with Draco Malfoy as I exclaimed "werewolves, Draco's right this is nuts"!

"There's more than werewolves in those trees and you can be sure of that" Filch finished. I felt myself rooted to the spot before Harry gripped my arm pulling me into the forest along with the rest.
***
As we walked in the forest I stayed behind walking with Hermionie, the boys ahead of us. However we slowed to a stop in front of a tree as Hagrid dipped his finger in a puddle of silver. "Hagrid what is that" Harry asked as Hermionie and I caught up with them. "What we're here for. See that? That's unicorn's blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been injured bad by something" Hagrid answered.

A small frown spread across my face at the mention of the injured unicorn. "So, it's our job to find the poor beast. Y/n, Hermionie and Ron can stay with me. Harry you go with Malfoy". Ron gave me a small smile as Harry on the other hand looked at me like he wanted to punch himself right there on the spot. "Okay then I get Fang" Draco snapped.

And just like that we set off as I gave Harry a side hug before we left into the dark forest. The night got darker the more we searched through the forest. So far we couldn't find anything as our hope ticked away by the second.

"Sooo...you think you'll make the quidditch team next year" Ron asked from beside me. "I don't know. My last practice with the team is in a few days. I'll try to impress them then" I said glancing at him. "Yea I wish"- but Ron was cut off by a chilling scream that echoed throughout the forest. Although instead of me grabbing Ron's wrist I felt his hand grasp mine.

"Follow the noise kids" Hagrid bellowed to us. And so we ran through the forest, Ron's hand tugging me along. Draco caught up with us along the way, staying especially close to Hagrid as we went on. Soon I could see the small figure of Harry but as we got closer I realized he wasn't alone.

There stood an elegant creature which seemed to be half horse half man. Ron let go of my hand whispering to me "that's a centaur" as I nodded. "Harry" Hermionie said full of glee and relief. "Hello there, Firenze. I see you've met our young Mr. Potter. You all right there, Harry" Hagrid said glancing to Harry at the end of his sentence. Harry nodded to Hagrid before giving me a smile to say that he was alright.

"Harry Potter, this is where I leave you. You're safe now. Good luck" the Centaur spoke before trotting off. I watched Firenze leave still in amazement of all the things I had experienced tonight. "Well, let's head back then, alrigh" Hagrid instructed. Draco walked past us as I distinctly heard him mumble "my father will hear about this".

I rolled my eyes before continuing our long walk back to Hogwarts in complete silence.
***
Ron and I sat on the floor of the Gryffindor common room, Hermionie on the couch as Harry paced in front of us all. "You mean, You-Know-Who's out there, right now, in the forest" Hermionie asked.

"But he's weak. He's living off the unicorns. Don't you see? We had it wrong. Snape doesn't want the stone for himself, he wants the stone for Voldemort. With the Elixir of Life, Voldemort will be strong again. He'll He'll come back" Harry shivered as he spoke. He had been telling us of what he found out in the forest tonight. "But if he comes back, you don't think he'll try to kill you, do you" I questioned fiddling with my fingers.

"I think if he'd had the chance, he might have tried to kill me tonight" Harry went on.

"And to think, I've been worrying about my Potions final" Ron exclaimed from beside me.

"Hang on a minute. We're forgetting one thing. Who's the one wizard Voldemort always feared" Hermionie asked as a sudden hint of realization grew in here eyes. I looked to Ron as we shrugged.

"Dumbledore! As long as Dumbledore's around, you're safe. As long as Dumbledore's around, you can't be touched" Hermionie finished. A silence followed as I felt my eyes start to droop not even caring that I was going to sleep on the floor tonight...

I hope you like the story so far!!! Ik it's a bit different in the books but I was basing it a bit more off the movies. We are almost done this book and hope you guys are doing well! :)