Dropping bombs

Everything had gone back to normal and Wyatt and I were on semi-good terms. Of course we didn't hang out all the time, but we did chat sometimes on the phone and occasionally when we bumped into each other at school.

Everything was going considerably well... That is, until I started getting sick. I slept almost all the time, I was always tired, I peed like I had a bladder the size of a pea and I was always puking my brains out.

Eventually, my mom took me to the clinic to get checked out.

"We'll call you when we get the results." The doctor told us.

We didn't have to wait for long because a day later, mom got a call that had me packing my bags...

Literally.

★~★~★

"You're pregnant?" Mom asked me with a low voice that expressed all the disappointment she felt as she stood by my door.

I looked at her with confusion. "W-what?"

"You. Are. Pregnant." She said, annunciating every word as if speaking to a small child.

My heart was pounding in my chest and my hand unconsciously went over my stomach.

I couldn't say anything. There was nothing to say.

I had had sex without protection, and now I was facing the consequences of my carelessness.

I really felt like my life was over and there really wasn't anything I could do about it.

"You had sex?" She asked, disbelief in her voice. I understood her confusion. Even I didn't think I would be so irresponsible.

"I... I can explain..." I said, barely above a whisper as my lips trembled slightly.

"I just need a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer..." She responded with a sigh as she pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration.

"...Y-yes." I answered lowly.

"You want to be grown up and have sex, right?" She said, her voice oddly calm as she looked up at me.

I shook my head fervently, tears welling in my eyes.

"You're all grown up. Huh? You want to show me that you're big now."

"N-no mom, no. I swear I didn't plan this."

She looked at me with disgust and pure shame in her eyes.

"Do you at least know who the father is?"

I nodded hesitantly, looking at the bed under me.

"Good. So you can go and be a woman there."

I stood up in front of her with pleading eyes, "W-w-what?"

"Since you're grown enough to have sex, you're grown enough to look after yourself." She said and left the room.

I didn't have it in me to go after her, so I just sank to the floor and cried my eyes out.

What was I going to do? Did my own mother just throw me out?

She had given me a couple days to get packed and leave the house. I knew I didn't have a choice, I had to tell Wyatt about the baby now.

I didn't know what to do, I couldn't think straight, I could barely sleep.

★~★~★

"Hey, what's up?" Wyatt answered, excitement in his voice.

He was always so excited.

"I... I have to tell you something." I said with tears running down my face. I didn't even bother to try and conceal the anguish in my voice.

"What's wrong?" He asked worriedly and I just burst into sobs, unable to give him a coherent answer.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have called you that day, but I needed to talk to someone and-and..." I rambled on and he shushed me.

"You want me to come over?" He asked gently and I nodded before realising that he couldn't see me, I gave out a verbal answer.

"Y-yeah."

"Okay. I'll be there in a jiffy."

And he kept to his word. He was at the house quicker than I had expected.

When I opened the door and saw him, I immediately wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him like my life depended on it as my tears started again.

★~★~★

"Hey, what's wrong?" Wyatt asked, hugging me back as he rubbed my back gently.

I decided to not drag it any further and just come out with it.

"I-I'm p-p-pregnant." I stuttered into his chest and held him tighter in case he tried to push me away.

I was so scared, and I didn't want him to leave me. Go abandon me... Not yet.

"Aww, really?" He cooed softly with what sounded like adoration as he petted my hair gently.

I looked up at him and made a face at him.

"You don't sound mad." I said with a sniffle and he chuckled as he moved his hands from my hair to my cheeks and gently wiped my tears.

"Why would I be mad? You're carrying my child, that's a blessing." He kissed my forehead and I couldn't hold the smile that made its way to my lips.

"How sure are you it's yours?" I asked jokingly.

"Is it not?"

"Of course it is." I rested my cheek on his chest as he placed his cheek on my head. "My mom kicked me out." I said with a much calmer voice than before as my tear stopped.

"Do you have somewhere to go?" I shook my head and he rubbed my bare arms. "You can stay with me if you want."

I looked up at him. "What about your family?"

"I don't think it will be that much of a problem. I'm planning on moving out after graduation anyways. We can move in together."

"Are you sure?" I asked, new tears brimming my eyes.

"Of course I am." He kissed my cheek and I smiled. "I'll take care of you... Both of you." He put a hand on my stomach and a new sobbed wrecked through me as I hugged him as tight as I could.

I had just dropped two bombs on him and he didn't make me feel bad either time. He didn't make me feel like an inconvenience and I appreciated that.