"we're here for your protection. don't worry." the other man had said. he was still leaning onto donghyuck's desk which the latter wasn't appreciating.

"i don't understand, why-" but donghyuck got interrupted by the clicking sound of a gun.

the man who had pulled him into the chair was now leaning down to him, gun in his hand. he lowered himself so that their eyes were on the same level. donghyuck was staring at the man's eyes which seemed to be weirdly calm. the man pressed the metal of his weapon against donghyuck's neck and whispered "listen here, this is a glock and the sound you just heard was me unlocking it meaning if i pull the trigger now the bullet will go right through the main artery of your neck and you will die. do you understand me?"

donghyuck nodded his head eagerly. to say he was scared would be a huge understatement, he felt terrified and he could hear his own heart beat through his chest. somewhere in the back of his mind he wondered if maybe the man in front of him could hear it as well.

"minhyung, don't cross the line." one of the two men from behind said but donghyuck was too busy fearing for his life to care who said it. all he wanted was the cold metal on the skin of his neck to vanish and luckily for him, it did a few seconds later.

"let me have my fun with him. i could be on the streets right now, you know?" the man called minhyung said as he distanced himself from donghyuck again. the latter was trying to calm his racing heart down, he really had thought that the man was going to shoot him right then.

to be fair, he had looked intimidating as fuck. he, as well as the other man, was wearing an all black outfit with a black leather jacket. only his driver, who was quietly talking with the two now, didn't fit into the picture. he was wearing a suit and even a bow tie, the normal attire for a driver.

as the three other men quietly chatted, donghyuck finally took his time to observe and think. obviously, his driver had known that the two men were waiting here or else he wouldn't have followed him here. but did he really do it on the command of his father?

donghyuck scanned all three men. his driver was the tallest out of the three. somehow he didn't fit in with the other two, donghyuck thought. not only because he wasn't matching their outfits but also his face. while the other two men looked intimidating and had sharp facial structures, his driver had more of a soft face, almost puppy like.

his eyes wandered to the next man. the thing that stood out the most was definitely his hair. it was half white or sliver and half red. donghyuck instantly gave him the nickname 'todoroki' as the hair was almost identical to the anime character's. the man was also carrying a gun as donghyuck now saw. it was in a handgun holster and looked similar to the one donghyuck had almost been shot with by the third man.

speaking of who, said man still had his gun in his hand. hopefully it had been locked again. donghyuck mustered him up and down. apparently his name was minhyung, or at least that's what they called him. he had black hair and really high cheek bones, donghyuck observed.

suddenly a banging at the door disturbed donghyuck's investigations. the man with the torodoki hair opened up and donghyuck gasped as he saw his father standing in the door frame.

"you-" he started but minhyung turned around and pointed the gun at him so he shut up.

"could you three please leave for a second, i need a word with my son." donghyuck's father requested and all three nodded and went out the door. his father closed it behind them and a cold silence spread.