117

News Update on the newlywed couple
We interview Nikki and Luke on their relationship, their ups and downs on their spiraling friendship before they were together, and many more!

Interviewer: It's so nice to have both of you guys here

Nikki: Thank you for having us

Interviewer: The number one question everybody wants to know is how did Luke propose to you

Nikki: It's actually the most random proposal. I was on my day off and I was with Luke at his house. I think it was a little bit after lunch but I was in our room doing my makeup and he got down on one knee and asked "Will you marry me" and I was like "what?!"

Luke: I thought she was going to reject my proposal because she took the longest time to reply.

Nikki: I told him "are you sure you want to marry me? You're going to wake up to this face for the rest of your life" and like the romantic that he is - he said "that's my goal". We kept our engagement a secret for a couple of weeks. I wanted to announced its right after he asked me but I also wanted to enjoy our engagement between just the two of us for a little while because we never really have much privacy.

Interviewer: You guys were only dating for 5 months before he proposed. Luke what made you know that you wanted to marry Nikki

Luke: Honestly I knew I was going to marry her when we first hung out. I told myself "this is the women that I want to spend the rest of my life with no doubt. She's beautiful, talented and overall has a beautiful soul."

Interviewer: Now I heard that Nikki has been getting a lot of hate from One Directions fans over the break up between you and Zayn. How did you cope with it?

Nikki: Umm. I didn't really cope with it. Most of the people that I received hate kept messaging me - telling me to go kill myself for breaking my ex-boyfriend heart. That it's my fault that he's so depressed. Don't get me wrong I love how they are so supportive of him but you know I'm human as well. It gotten so bad that l just wanted to quit Little Mix. I called my girls and said "I don't thing I can keep doing this."

Luke: I went over to her house because she wasn't picking up any of my phone calls or answering my text messages. I found her laying in her bed just crying. I checked her phone and it was thousands of messages saying that she's better off dead. That she's not good enough. It torn me in half because I saw the women I love, laying there thinking she's not good enough. That she she should just die. It was my responsibility as her friend at the time to help her realize how much she's worth.

Interviewer: You and Zayn were together for 4 years and 2 of those years, you were engaged. The whole world was certain that you two were going to get married and the picture of Zayn with another women was leaked. How do you-

Nikki: Well it was certainly heartbreaking to find a picture of your fiancé cheating on you. Especially when you were planning to get married. But I do believe everything happens for a reason. Clearly I wasn't making Zayn happy you know. It would have hurt less if he broke up with the by telling me instead of finding out (laughs) but you know I'm glad that it happened. Clearly not at that particular moment and time but it brought my true happiness and he's sitting right next to me

Interview: Luke you stated that you've  been knowing you wanted to marry Nikki since you first met her. What was it like knowing she was unavailable

Luke: You do know how to ask questions (laughs) but umm..it was painful. Agonizing. I tried putting on a brave face and I kept lying to myself that I'm going to get over her. That maybe it was fate that she belong with him. My jealous got the best of me at times and I just blocked her from everything. I didn't want to know what she was up to or how she was doing because I knew deep in my heart that she was better off without me. That another guy was making her laugh. That he was the reason for her smile. I wanted to be her reason. I know it sounds super cheesy but fuck I'm truly in love with this woman and I would rather be dead than now to have her by my side.

Nikki: You're going to make me cry love (laughs)

Interview: This next question is going to be a bit personal

Nikki: All these questions were personal

Interview: How come you married Luke after a few weeks of your engagement but with Zayn-

Nikki: (stays silent for a few moments) There were many factors why my previous engagement didn't go exactly as planned. Like I said earlier, everything happens for a reason, but for starters, our schedules was hectic and it was difficult to even see each other let alone plan a wedding. A part of my bad always had cold feet about the wedding. I was doubting like "Am I too young? We barely see each other." And I think a little while down the road, the feelings faded over times. But with Luke, I had no doubts.  When he proposed, in my heart I knew this is the guy whom I'm suppose to spend the rest of my life with. I didn't want to have a big fancy wedding. I invited the girls, my mum and a close friends and then we were married.

Interviewer: How do you two deal with both of you guys touring?

Luke: It's difficult. We see each other a total of maybe 6 days a month. That's if we're lucky. Most of the times we just FaceTime each other or we send each other cute little surprises to the studio

Intervier: My final question is- when do you think of starting a family?

Nikki: Maybe in a few years. Little Mix still has unfinished business in the music industy

Luke: As well as 5SOS

Interview: Well when the day comes, we will not be ready for the news

Nikki: Thank you for have us  

-------------------------------------------------

Heres a long update (: 

Thank you all for the 5,000 reads! Never would I thought I would get this far. We are almost at the end at Book 1 in the seried!!! YES THIS IS A SERIES!!!