"If I were fifteen, I'd definitely be wetting my pants right about now. Keep up the good work," she laughed, trying to make my way through the entrance of the club. Her breath caught in her throat when a rough, dry hand closed around her bare arm and quickly yanked her away from the door.

"Excuse me miss but where is your invitation?" The leader asked, his voice low and raspy. Due to the same bored expression on his hard features, Alana wasn't sure whether he was joking around or being serious. She also wasn't sure whether Veronica had even told them that her assistant would be checking on them every now and then to assure that everything was running smoothly.

"My invitation? Even though it's kind of you to think that, I'm actually working for the event." Alana replied, not sure if she should feel flattered or annoyed.

"Then where is your pass?" he questioned, his black eyes glowering as he raised a suspicious eyebrow.

"Actually its right here in my bag..." Alana cursed under her breath, realising that she had stupidly left it in the girls' bathroom.

"I left it in the bathroom. If you let me in, I could quickly get it and if you still don't believe me, you could even call Veronica the event planner that hired you from Perfect Events to see if she knows me," she explained. Staring into his eyes as he glanced at his partner, she knew that he didn't believe her.

Damn it!

"Well without an invitation or a pass, you're not getting in lady." He insisted, continuing to hold onto Alana's arm, his grip tightening when she tried to fight him.

"Well if you don't let me in, Mr, you won't be getting paid."

"I think she's drunk Sam, go and call for back-up," he barked, pushing me backwards away from the door. At that moment, Alana was thankful that she was wearing flats otherwise she knew that she would have fallen flat on her butt.

"I am not drunk Sam, so please do not call for back up. Go inside and call Veronica or Rosie from the party. They'll be able to verify who I am," she urged, raising her voice as the man that she had joked with yanked out his cell phone, eyeing her sceptically. She was sure that Veronica would be searching for her..again and could only imagine what was happening inside the party.

"Just let me in." Alana growled, trying to side step and dodge the bouncer, the netball skills from college coming into play and failing. The bouncer was much taller and wider than her and so after what felt like five minutes of failed attempts, with a tired sigh, she finally gave up.

"Fine." Slowly moving back from the door, she attempted to gain her breath back. If only there was another way into the building...Of course! It was only then that Alana remembered the side door that she had come outside through.

"I'll just go home." Alana lied, emphasising every word as she gradually began to walk towards the side of the painted building. Making a run for it, she reached the door not too long later but not without realising the yelling behind her. It was only a matter of time before they would catch her and she was right there.

Alana quickly yanked the door open and speed walking into the hall, immediately spotted Veronica, who held her sparkling black purse in her hand and certainly did not look pleased. Breathing heavily, she began to make her way towards her only to get tackled to the ground.

Everything went in slow motion after that.

The music stopped playing, all movement froze and Alana gasped from both shock and loss of air, knowing that all eyes were on her.

"Take her outside. I think I heard a cop car."

Both bouncers painfully lifted her from the ground and Alana began to breathe again, her chest burning as the heavy body disappeared from her back. She guessed that she had probably broken a couple of ribs, or even all of her bones due to the man's body weight on my petite one. Yet, she couldn't understand why the hell the police were there.

Closing her eyes as they took her outside, she wished that she could block out everything so that she no longer had to listen to the constant whispering around her. Surely this had all been a dream...A terrible nightmare that once she opened her eyes, would all disappear -

"Did you knock her out?"

"Oh God..." Alana whispered. If she hadn't been so drained and humiliated already, she would have bursted into tears, realising that it was all too real.

"If I had, would she be walking right now you idiot?" The leader retorted gruffly, the cool air slapping her across her now burning cheeks.

"You're hurting me." Alana complained, attempting to pull her arms free from behind her back where he held them awkwardly.

"Stop complaining." He hissed, tightening his grip. Alana both winced and cried out in pain as her shoulder began to pull away from her arm.

"This is assault. Police! Help m -- " Before she had time to finish, Alana was pushed harshly into the two police men and , stumbled into them. The older man of the two, who appeared to be in his late thirties called that Alana was his. Before she knew what was happening, she was pinned against the police car, his cold body against hers.

"Do you have to be so close?" Alana commented, wiggling in disgust whilst wondering what he was actually doing.

"Well if you stopped struggling, then maybe I wouldn't have to be." His hoarse voice answered. The moment Alana felt the cool, metallic, tight cuffs being secured around her wrists the reality of the situation began to sink in. She was getting arrested. For what?!

A composed Veronica emerged from the front door of the venue and Alana's eyes instantly caught hers whilst she was being forced into the back of the police car. She was being treated like a criminal, even though she had done nothing wrong.

"Do you know her?" The bouncer quizzed, staring at Veronica as he jerked a stumpy finger in her direction. It seemed as though her silent pleading was disregarded, when to her dismay, Veronica shrugged,

"Nope. I've never seen her before."

"Take her away." She instructed before disappearing back into the party which now seemed to be back to normal, the music pounding against the walls.

There was one thing that Alana had missed. Where was Rosie?