Chapter 15 | Them

[Zuho's Letter to No One]

To a friend.

I've known Rowoon for as long as I can remember. From the time I became four years old, that boy...came into my life. He was the only person who ever saw me as myself—a young boy who did not know how to feel about his future since his parents were both cold, ruthless hitmen who did not hesitate to kill for a living.

My best friend as we grew up...the friend who swore to always be by my side and never leave me again. Yet, fate has its desires and snatched you away from me. Rowoon was taken because of his burdensome gift, and I had returned to solidarity—me and myself.

No one else.

He was gone.

I had lost hope for myself because we didn't come in contact for a while, but...

But then, he reached out to me that night where the full moon was at its fullest.

He said that he missed me. He said that he realized he loves me.

I loved him too, but...I was too afraid. Too afraid to love because he was my weakness. As a hitman, I cannot have a weakness. I cannot be vulnerable. I cannot...break into itty bitty pieces and allow anyone to read me as if I was a book.

I cannot.

But Rowoon....cares about others more than himself. He cares that much to the point he doesn't care about his own life...such as a few nights ago in that building.

He left...before I could even give him my answer.....he left me....because I could...give him my love.

-Zuho

***

Inseong holds on tight to Youngbin, rubbing his back softly while clinging onto his arm. The young king sighs, feeling the younger rest his head upon his own. "Hey." He murmurs gently, almost too quiet, but he knew Youngbin would hear him since they were against one another.

"Yes?" Youngbin answers.

"Do....you remember that time...where my dad caught us...?" Inseong asks.

Youngbin is quiet for a few seconds. But he responds, "Yes. I do. A lot."

Inseong gets out of his arms, looking at him with parted lips and wide eyes, "Y-You do?"

"Yeah," Youngbin says. "It makes my heart hurt...because that was the day we could no longer see one another anymore." He breathes out.

Inseong's breath stammers, and he nods, a tear dropping out of his eye, "Y-Yeah."

"...W-When you pulled me close...before we got caught, I...got kinda hopeful." Inseong admits, gulping dryly as he smacked his lips - running his tongue on them as they had dried up too.

"Hopeful?" Youngbin asks, tilting his head a little as he felt a little perplexed. Not too much though. He had an idea what he was referring to, but he decided to play himself as naive, wanting Inseong to tell him himself.

"...I...I was just in the thought- I believed that- wellIwantedyoutokissme-." Inseong pipes, being cut off by Youngbin who tackled him down and pressed his lips against his suddenly.

Inseong's eyes went wide, his fingers touching his lips when Youngbin broke away.

"S-Sorry," Youngbin smiles sheepishly.

"D-don't apologize." Inseong scoffs, crossing his arms over his chest. "I'm just dumb."

"You're not??? You're the most brilliant person I know, Seongie."

Inseong's heart paused momentarily at the sound of his nickname escaping Youngbin's lips. "Y-You," He breathes out shakily, "still remember?" He licks his lips, looking at him in the eyes.

Youngbin chortles softly, "Of course I do. I was the one that said it after all." He smiles, poking Inseong's cheeks with no hesitation - just to make a smile for, upon Inseong's fair lips.

Inseong did indeed smile, and he only sighs—breaking away from the eye contact to look at the wall, "Why are you doing this, Youngbin? We hardly know one another now."

"...We could always get to know each other, you know." Youngbin scoots closer, hearing his heart skipping inside his chest as his mind begins to cloud itself with certain, damned thoughts.

"...Yeah, but." Inseong sighs, saying nothing more.

"...I just...want to be happy." The younger croaks out, getting off the bed - which eliminates some of the weight upon the mattress.

Inseong quickly looks at him, growing tense and concerned as to where he was going. His breath was becoming stiff, his fingers were shaking a little; he wanted to reach out, wanting to grab at his wrist and hold him back, but he couldn't muster up the courage to do so.

"W-Where are you going?" Inseong coughs out after clearing his throat.

"To leave you be. I don't want to disturb you anymore." Youngbin flashes a small smile as he turns to glance at Inseong, his hand on the doorknob.

"But you don't disturb me," Inseong protests, getting up from the bed.

"Oh." Youngbin suppresses his lips, looking down.

Inseong sighs, walking towards him, and he takes his hands into his own, "I-It's okay, Binnie, and...and I admit, I..I want to be happy too," Inseong refrains from pulling the younger into a hug, his fingers simply clenching onto the cloth that reaches to Youngbin's wrists.

"I...want to give you happiness." Youngbin says.

Inseong looks at him in the eyes, "I want to make you happy too."

"But," He looks away, "as you said, we need to get to know each other again."

Youngbin hums, leaning his head against Inseong's forehead, "We can...we can start a new chapter together...and work on us slowly and all that, y'know?"

Inseong's eyes sparkle, as if the stars had fallen onto his irises, "R-Really?" He asks quietly.

Youngbin hums, "Yes, really."

Inseong smiles, pulling Youngbin into a hug; he feels Youngbin's arms wrap around him, hearing him exasperate out of being content. I love you...Inseong's heart tightened, refraining from saying those three words.

He needs to wait. He'll wait as long as he needs to wait because Youngbin...is his source of light.