Chapter 2 | The Request

"What is this request you want me to fulfill, your highness?" Zuho quirked up an eyebrow, "I won't tolerate such a low pay for a high task - I'm tired of people using me for riskier deeds for a mere, pathetic piece of trash." He snapped coldly, his eyes darkening.

The king laughed dryly, stepping down to get on the same level as Zuho, "Oh, trust me. I am not to be compared to those low people you've served before. I will get you the proper pay if you succeed." He hummed, circling Zuho.

"How much are we talking?"

"I have all the riches you can imagine, I assure you I will prove myself to be far more different than those other selfish fools who didn't see you to be any good."

"You're not going to tell me, are you?"

"We will discuss your pay after I tell you what you must do."

"Fine, what must I do?"

The king came to a sigh, soon chuckling faintly, "I want you to get rid of Prince Inseong."

"T-The prince?" Zuho was baffled.

"You heard me."

+~+~+

"T-The Gyeoul Kingdom??" Youngbin's eyes widened, flabbergasted. "W-Why former though? I hadn't heard anything about the prince being kicked out or something-," Youngbin stopped, soon realizing that Hwiyoung and Taeyang were holding hands, "Nevermind."

"...My parents did not like the idea of me marrying a male. A mistake is what they called me." Taeyang spoke quietly, hearing the running horses - the shouting of guards.

Youngbin silenced them, sneakily looking through the broken crevices of the wood - eyeing the actions of the guards, watching as they talked about stuff. He couldn't read their lips, but the guards soon went away. He glanced back at the two, "...No kingdom allows for the marriage of man and man and woman and woman-."

"We know that." Hwiyoung snapped rashly.

Taeyang silenced him, "Let him talk, Hwi." He huffed.

"Sorry." Hwiyoung murmured.

"It's fine, but as I was saying, the kingdoms may not allow that, but I will do my best to make sure...to make sure you are both safe - and alive." Youngbin assured.

"I'm sorry—I don't mean to be rude, but how are you going to do that?" Hwiyoung questioned, eyeing Youngbin suspiciously.

Youngbin sighed, reaching for his crown, but he remembered he left in Jaeyoon's hold. He sighed, pulling out his brooch instead, "I am the prince of this kingdom - Gaeul Kingdom. I am prince Kim Youngbin." He introduced himself.

"What if you're lying?" Taeyang asked.

Hwiyoung tensed, having caught the sound of leaf crunches - looking around within the broken-down establishment.

"Hwiyoung?" Taeyang noticed his actions.

Youngbin was confused, suddenly being shoved against the wall as Hwiyoung stared deep in his eyes, "Who did you bring with you?" He snapped viciously, fury raging in his eyes.

Panic flourished within Youngbin's face, "N-No one! I came on my own accord! I pulled you here before you two were killed!!" He cried out, trying to pry him off, yet Hwiyoung was in rage - his hands making their way to Youngbin's throat to get the truth out of him.

Taeyang tried to pull the younger off, yet he winced as Hwiyoung elbowed him away - making him fall onto the ground, his hands getting scraped from the sharp debris.