"She's breaking up with him," Laura answered.

"Why?" I asked, frowning.

"Look, I know he's your best friend and everything," Jade whispered. "But there's no spark. Nothing. And we haven't slept together, so at least I didn't degrade myself by doing that."

"Yeah, but he thinks you're perfect for him!" I snapped.

"He'll get over it!" Jade hissed. "I don't love him, so I'm not losing anything."

"I thought you did love him?" I stated as a question.

"Nope, he annoys me," she said, making sure he wasn't around.

"Look, you so have already found someone better," Sammy grinned.

"You're already dating someone else?" I asked slowly.

"And sleeping with," Sammy pointed out.

"Sam, that's a secret!" Jade snapped.

"You cheated on him?" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah. So?" Jade admitted, not looking apologetic or guilty or anything.

"And he suspected it..." I whispered.

"What?" Jade asked.

"You're a liar," I stated loudly. "He trusts you and you lied to him! You cheated on him! You didn't even have the courtesy to break up with him before you started shagging some other loser who is probably only half the guy that Angus is! He thinks you're the best thing that's ever happened to him, and you're giving him false hope!"

A few people had gathered around now. I felt nervous confronting Jade over this but hell, how could she treat Angus like this?

"What happened to you guys going away for Christmas?" I asked. "Or... or going away to Australia? Or wherever else you two were going!"

"He's hung up on some other girl, so I'm sure he'll get over it!" Jade snapped back at me. "I tried to get in but he's in love with someone else, and I can tell! When he talks about another girl whilst he's with his girlfriend, it means he's in love with her! Especially when he remembers shit about her that he shouldn't!"

"Who's he in love with?" I asked harshly.

"I'm not gonna tell you!" she cried. "It's humiliating enough!"

"Well, you're the bitch that cheated on my best friend and screwed some other asshole all because your boyfriend is supposedly in love with someone else!" I shreiked.

I stormed away, realising that Angus and Dean weren't far away and had heard everything. I walked along and out into the car park, looking for Dean's car. Someone grabbed me by the arm, pulling me back towards them.

"Lexie, what are you doing?" Angus asked, still holding my arm.

"What? You thought I was just gonna sit there and let them bitches mock you and make fun of the fact that your girlfriend's a cheating skank?" I yelled.

"No, but I didn't expect you to snap like a twig, either," he said calmly.

"How can you be so... calm about this?" I asked, still speaking louder than normal. "How can you just stand there and look so perfectly okay with it all when your girlfriend is trash-talking you and bragging about cheating on you?"

"I don't know," he answered truthfully. "I guess I had a feeling, and my anger hasn't hit me yet."

"Well, you're a lot calmer than I am then," I chuckled, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"You know, not every guy has an awesome best chick friend like you that would stand up to his girlfriend when she's lying to him and treating him like shit like that, you know?" he smiled. "It's pretty cool."

"Yeah?" I said, looking and feeling hopeful. "Well, I guess I'm just an awesome person, then."

"True," he admitted with a laugh.

"You should go talk to her," I sighed. "Before the whole school knows your business."

"I think your lungs took care of that," he said, smiling.

"Yeah, well no one messes with my best friend," I smiled.

"I'd do the same if some guy ever treated you like that," he said, looking around.

"That requires me to have a boyfriend first," I frowned.

"All in good time, miss Lexie," he smiled, letting go of me finally.

He walked away, towards the cheerleaders. Dean stood next to me suddenly, looking content.

"I think he likes you," Dean teased.

"Oh, shut up," I groaned.

"You never know," he smiled. 'He might. Maybe you're the girl Jade was talking about."

"Oh, please," I sighed. "She was just lying to cover her own indiscretions."

"You don't know that," Dean smiled, walking away.

Ha! In my wildest dreams would he be in to me...

Oh, I wish I was living in my wildest dreams...

^^^^^

Angus had an appointment after school, so we dropped him off with the promise that we'd pick him up later on if he wanted us to. He said he'd ring me, or text me, so I smiled and hopped in the car.

All the way home, Dean was taunting me about Angus. It was a common occurence for us, to have him taunt me over my high school crush on my best friend. In fact, we were laughing so hard that we didn't see it...

Neither of us...

The snow had been falling a lot over the last few days. And the roads could become icy when it started to melt and freeze again, creating black ice.

So dangerous...

And we didn't see it until we were on it.

Everything happened in slow motion. As soon as we hit the ice, I knew it. The laughing was replaced with screams. Terrified, cold, bone-chilling screams. My hands clung tightly to the dashboard in front of me, as I watched the outside world move quickly by me. I felt cold and dead.

And then, suddenly, a horrifying crunch came as we collided with another car.

I felt the glass from the windshield land all over me. My head had hit the dashboard, and the glass cut my forehead. I struggled to move as every inch of my body ached. I felt warm blood trickling down from my head onto my cold, icy skin. I looked at my brother next to me to see him still... unmoving.

I could feel myself slipping out of consciousness. I could hear a child screaming from the other car... Oh, God! Who was in the other car? Had anyone died?

My thoughts lied with Angus... Would I ever get to see him again? Would I die?

Then nothing came as everything went black.