Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven... Angus Who?

I found that interestingly Aaron and I bonded extremely well. Better than anyone would have thought, including me. But I was liking him more and more as I got to know him, and I could tell that Angus hated it.

And Aaron and I had a few dates in the first week, declaring ourselves boyfriend and girlfriend. We walked around holding hands, we ate lunch together, and he picked me up and drove me to and from school. I loved spending time with him, and I was happy when Aaron was with me.

Everyone was happy for me. My parents, my friends... all except for Angus, who was blatantly jealous that I had a boyfriend.

"Do you need a lift to school today, Lex?" Angus asked as I stood out the front before school one morning.

"No, Aaron's picking me up," I smiled.

"Suit yourself," he groaned, slumping off to his car.

"What is your problem?" I frowned.

"You're becoming a stereotype," he sighed. "A cheerleader dating a footballer? Please. It's been overdone. So you can stop now, I get the point. You can get a boyfriend if you want to."

"You think that I'm dating Aaron just to piss you off?" I asked. "You're way off, Angus. Aaron's great, and I like him. And as my best friend I thought you'd be supportive. Besides, you have Georgia, and she likes you a lot."

"You hardly know Aaron, Lexie," he frowned. "You've only been with him for two weeks."

"The whole point of dating someone is so that you get to know them, Angus," I pointed out. "Now would you stop acting like you're jealous of Aaron. We really like each other."

"Fine," Angus walked off. "I have to go pick up Georgia."

He got in his car and screamed off down the road. I frowned at his immaturity, and then Aaron pulled up. I climbed in the car, smiling.

"I just past your friend Angus at the corner," Aaron laughed. "He looked pissed off."

"Yeah, he's showing his age," I scoffed. "Hey, you," I leant over and kissed Aaron.

"Hey yourself," he grinned, kissing me back.

"Missed you last night," I whispered. "Was thinking about you all night."

"Funny, you were on my mind, too," he chuckled. "So tonight we should go to the movies, and then have dinner, and my parents aren't home so you can come hang out there for a while with me, and meet my cousin Lauren, who lives with us."

"Sounds awesome," I smiled happily.

When we arrived at school, we were a few minutes late. But then Angus and Georgia pulled up late, too.

"I told you that you should have been at my place earlier!" I heard Georgia yell. "But no! You had to be late again!"

"I said I was sorry, didn't I?!" Angus shouted back.

"That's our cue to get the hell out of here," I muttered.

"Agreed," Aaron smiled, and we walked hand-in-hand to class.

At lunch, Georgia came and sat down before Aaron and Angus arrived. She looked pretty angry, and I didn't have the slightest clue as to why. Maybe something to do with the argument that she had with Angus in the car park, perhaps?

"Hey, Lexie," Georgia smiled weakly. "Angus has detention again, and I don't really know many people here."

"It's cool, you can sit here," I smiled.