━━━━ xxvi

Start from the beginning

"well, you love her, don't you?"

greg tensed up.

"if you love her, you should let her go."

"no!"

"greg, if you hurt her, you'll only hurt yourself."

leah looked at hotch, causing him to be quiet and let leah start talking to him.

"greg," leah started. "please let me go."

"no, leah," greg said, calmly. "i can't. i don't want to let you go."

"greg, if you let me go, i'll go anywhere with you-"

"leah-" hotch started, but leah cut him off.

"anywhere you want, just me and you. just please, don't hurt me or my friends."

"i could never hurt you."

"then please. i'll follow you anywhere."

"anywhere?"

"yes, greg."

greg slowly started to lower his gun from leah's head.

"i'll see you on the other side."

greg then quickly raised the gun towards his head, shooting it.

however, since he raised the gun so quickly, the angle was a bit off.

yes, greg campbell shot himself in the head and died almost instantly. but the same bullet went through leah's shoulder.

𖥸

𖥸

she fell to the floor, and everyone surrounded her, hotch telling emily to call an ambulance.

leah laid on the floor, spencer rushed to her side, trying to put pressure on the wound.

"leah, stay with me," spencer said. "breathe."

"spence-"

"breathe."

"spence." he looked in her eyes. "it's okay."

he raised his eyebrows.

"you can let go, spencer."

"what? no, leah. i'm trying to save your life."

"stop trying," she smiled at him. "it's okay, spencer. you can let me go."

"no, leah, i don't want-"

"derek-" leah looked up at derek, and motioned for him to get spencer off of her. he reluctantly did as she wished.

"no!" spencer yelled, trying to force himself out of derek's arms. "let me go, morgan!"

morgan didn't let go, and both watched leah as she kept her eyes fixated on them.

"you can move on, spence."

spencer stopped struggling in derek's arms, starting to sob.

"i don't want to, leah. i can't lose you."

"the medics will be here soon. i don't want your last memory of me to be this, spence."

spencer closed his eyes as he started to sob harder.

"don't cry, spencer

"don't cry, spencer. try to remember our good times. i don't want you to remember me like this."

it was silent.

"and," leah paused, her eyes starting to close. "for...what's it worth...i wish... we would've..."

and then her eyes closed, her energy draining from her after every word she said and she fainted.

𖥸

𖥸

the agents waited, crying together in the hospital waiting room, waiting to see if leah had survived the surgery. it's been 2 hours already, and there still hasn't been any words.

then, a doctor slowly walked out of the room where leah was being operated on. all of the agents stood up, awaiting the news.

"is she ALIVE?" derek morgan asked the doctor impatiently.

"i'm sorry to say that your friend did not survive the surgery."

penelope gasped, letting out a sob. emily and jj held onto each other as they cried. hotch and rossi cried too, but not as hard as derek and spencer did.

"i am so sorry for your loss," the doctor said.

"can we go see her?" rossi asked the doctor.

the doctor looked at hotch, and then to rossi. "i think only one of you should go in. it will be very hard to see her like this."

"i'll go," hotch said. the rest agreed- hotch had already been in the room prior (almost an hour ago) and will probably be in the best shape to see her limp body on the ground.

hotch followed the doctor into the room.

"i'm so sorry, kid," derek cried, putting a hand on spencer's shoulder.

spencer didn't respond. all he did was hug derek tightly, sobbing into his shoulder.

jj, emily, garcia and rossi walked over to the two, joining their hug.

leah was their sunshine, and now she was dead.