━━━━ xix

THEY WERE SOME of the last people to arrive to the party

THEY WERE SOME of the last people to arrive to the party. which was fine- most people didn't go back to the hotel room first, and the actual party didn't start until 8pm (which it was 7:45pm).

it was cocktail hour, and leah was planning on spending the rest of the time they had of it with spencer. however, emily and garcia managed to steal her before she could even say anything to spencer.

she was disappointed, but it was okay. he was talking to derek, and leah could only begin to imagine how torturous it was.

"sooo," garcia said in a sing-song voice. "someone's got a date with a doctor."

leah looked down, shaking her head and laughing. "oh yeah," emily chimed in, teasing her. "leah confirmed it for me, it is in fact a real date."

"well, duh, emily," garcia replied in an  obvious tone. "no one can deny the chemistry between them."

"okay," leah smiled. "drop it, please. it's one date."

"which will lead to another, which will lead to ano-"

"penelope garcia, do not finish that sentence. i refuse to hear it again."

"i already called godmother of her first child," emily told garcia.

"okay, that's a compromise i can live with," garcia smiled. "but only if i'm the maid of honor."

"didn't you already call dibs on that?" leah asked her.

"just making sure you listened."

leah rolled her eyes and felt a tap on her shoulder. she turned around to see who it was and was met with a familiar face.

"jj!" she said happily. she stood up from her seat and gave her a hug, the other two girls starting to stand as well. "congratulations! you look amazing!"

"thank you, leah!" jj replied. her and jj had gotten really close this past month- as she did with every other agent at the bau. "you look amazing as well! i'm so sorry about not being able to get you a hotel room, too. i was supposed to tell you but it had totally slipped my mind until garcia texted me that you were sharing with emily."

"it's totally fine jj, all i care about is spending your night with you. did i mention how amazing you looked?"

"you might have," jj laughed, then hugged emily and garcia.

it was a few minutes until spencer, derek, hotch and rossi came over to join in on the conversation. they all congratulated her, and then spencer walked over to leah.

"hey," he smiled.

"hey," she smiled back. "we have to stop meeting like this."

he laughed. "i agree. and also, sorry about earlier, if that was weird. derek tricked me into me telling him we were going on a date and he threatened to tease me all night if i didn't do some 'romantic gesture' type thing."

"sounds like morgan to me, and don't worry about it. you just held my hand, it's no biggie."

of course, they were too focused on each other to notice all of the bau agents were now focused on them.

"wait," jj said, shocked. "you guys are on a date? like a date date?"

both of them looked over to the team, mouths open but not saying anything.

"oh yeah," garcia started. "surprise!"

no one responded to that, emily and morgan just laughed as hotch, jj, and rossi kept staring at the two, wide eyed.

"do i need to talk to you both about your... relationship?" hotch asked.

"what?" leah blushed. "n-no hotch! it's one date, there's no relationship."

"you sure?"

leah picked her hand up to her heart and crossed it with her index finger.

"just don't let... this- get in the way of work."

"that won't happen sir," spencer told him.

"good, i don't imagine it would."

leah smiled at him. he smiled back at her, and then he and rossi walked away together.

"you have to tell me everything!" jj walked up to leah, grabbing her hands excitedly.

"not now, jj!" leah laughed. "it's your wedding day! there are more important things than me and spencer's date."

"well obviously! we have to start planning yours."

leah looked at spencer, mouthing a "help me" to him. he laughed at this, and just then, will called jj over to him, indicating the actual party was about to start.

"i have to go," jj looked at leah. "but this isn't finished."

"yeah, sadly, i know," leah responded.

jj then walked over to will, and the big doors opened to reveal a beautiful ballroom type of room. there were tables and chairs- most of the lights were down and the whole dance floor was covered by purple and blue party lights- the dj had just then started to play music, and everyone started making their way into the room.

garcia announced something along the lines of "let's get this party started!", which earned a laugh from derek and emily- as well as a laugh from spencer and leah. they had all started walking in before leah felt something take her hand.

she looked down to find it was spencer reid's hand.

"and what do you think you're doing?" leah asked him jokingly. of course, she didn't mind that he was holding her hand- but she didn't expect it either.

"well," spencer started, shrugging his shoulders, "you said it yourself; 'no biggie,' right?"

leah chortled at him, taken a bit by surprise. "fair enough, spencer reid. you're acting pretty bold tonight. you're not as awkward as you look."

"hey!" he laughed. "i'm not that awkward. not around you, anyway."

"you got me there. so what's on the agenda for tonight, doctor? we already know, like, everything about each other."

"well aren't you patient."

"well, excuse me for being curious. i want to know what the kid genius spencer reid has in store for our first ever date."

"one, i'm older than you- two, i promise you a good time, that should be enough- three, 'our first ever date?' are you indicating there'll be more?"

"depends."

"on what?"

"if yOu ask me."