Flash Back

""Run Enya run and don't look back!" My mother screamed before a sickening bone shattering crack echos through the forest. I was 12 when my adopted mother was killed by rogues.
My human feet carried me as fast as they could. Thundering foot falls where close behind me. Sweat poured from my forehead. My heart beat wildly in my chest. Catching a quick glance behind me I spotted the five of them close behind. Their nasty,  filthy bodies and bloody muzzles scared me even more. I knew what they wanted "me."

The fleeting glance caused my footing to miss place. Tumbling forward I landed on my back. The lead rogue moved over me. I could see he was more than ready to do the unthinkable. Closing my eyes I took a deep breath before even realizing that I had inhaled into the wrong set of lungs. Opening my eyes when they filled with a flaming orange color.

Opening my mouth I exhaled just as the rogue bent down his nasty blood covered muzzle down. I engulfed him in a coat of some of the hottest fire I had ever breathed. He never had a chance to realize what had happened before his ashes drifted away with the wind. Same with the surrounding rogues and a huge patch of forest."

Shaking my head as the memory flooded my mind. A small pile of ashes laid close by. Another rogue looking to take advantage of me. I was 20 years old now and didn't put up with shit. If they tried, they died and they never knew what happened. I was now sitting upon a fallen tree cleaning my blade off that I carried with me to butcher and clean animals with. I knew I was getting dangerously close to a werewolf pack territory. But I didn't care I would respect them so long as they stayed in their territory. They move onto mine and I wouldn't hesitate to end them like I've done so many others.

Reaching beside me I pulled a leg off of the cooked rabbit and brought it to my mouth. It's juices ran down my chin when I took a bite from it. Ears and eyes on high alert since the smell of cooked animal hung in the air. Most of the time rouges would take another's catch to try and survive.

The one that laid on the ground now tried to take both my food and myself. After all this time I was still untouched. However if any tried they would think of me as an experienced woman. Time had taught me how to control my fire. Now I could simply act interested and with a single kiss turn them to ashes without a single leaf burned in the forest.

The sun had began to set when I heard a noise on the border of the territory. A pack wolf was patrolling and had stopped to look a me. "Carry on wolf I'm respecting the border." I almost growled at him. He nodded and went on but I could tell he was curious. Probably wondering how a lone woman held a territory.