Chapter 51

I shake my head trying not to think about the slight disappointment I felt when I woke up to an empty bed. I spent the whole day moving all of my things to my new room. Its so weird to move into a room so big. A year ago I was selling my furniture to make rent and now I'm sleeping in a room bigger than my old apartment. Even after I set all of my things up, the room still looks empty. "Let's go shopping this weekend and buy things to make it a bit more you," Jimin suggests. I agree and we spend the remaining of our day laying down on my new bed.

"You better not forget about me when you become this successful businessman with a lot of money," he says with a pout.

"Are you kidding me? I could never forget you," I answer wrapping my arms around my small bestie. "You and Jungkook gave me too many scarring memories of waking up in the middle of the night to your constant moaning and screaming from the room next door," I tease to which he throws a pillow at me annoyed. He starts giggling until a pillow gets thrown back at him by me and we go back and forth until we're both a laughing mess on my bed.

A light knock interrupts our fun and Min Seo slowly pokes her head in. It's the first time I've seen her since yesterday. I'm still currently in the process of taking in all she said and coming to terms with the fact that her and my mom lied to me my whole life, and even if everyone has been denying it all day, I know she's been avoiding me. "Do you have room for one more?" she asks.

I stand up and walk towards her and throw my bedroom door open in a fit of rage. I grab her by her arms and look right into her eyes that are filled with fear and sadness. I take a deep breath in, and I wrap my arms around her, resting my head on her shoulder. "Thank-you," I whisper.

"For what?" she asks.

"For keeping my brother safe. For helping my mom for as long as you could, and for taking me in when I needed someone the most."

"You don't ever need to thank me for that. To me you and your mother will always be like family." I rest my hands on her cheeks wiping her tears away.

"Enough with the sentimental crap. We've never gotten along like that," I taunt playfully.

"Couldn't have said it better myself, brat," she replies. I move aside to let her in and I walk to my closet to start getting ready for my dinner with Sandeul. "Going somewhere?"

"He's going on a date with Sandeul," Jimin says rolling his eyes. "I told him to cancel the date since it's so obvious he's still in love with Taehyung. Talk to him Min Seo," he whines.

"I think going on this date is exactly what Jin needs."

"You do?" We ask in unison.

"Mhm, that's the only way he'll now he still wants to be with Taehyung," she teases.

"I hate you both," I say starting to get undressed.

"We're just being honest. You can deny it all you want. You love Taehyung," Jimin replies.

I pop my head out of the closet and roll my eyes. "I'm not denying anything. I know I still love him. There's no doubt in my mind about it," I finished getting dressed and start combing my hair. "But how many chances will I have to give Taehyung for him to stop hurting me?"

"Okay, you win," Min Seo says calmly getting up and fixing a couple loose strands of my hair. "If you want to give yourself another chance at love with someone else then you go for it, but don't force yourself to feel something that's just not there. And don't run away from feelings that you know will always be there."

"So what you're saying is to ditch Sandeul and give myself another chance with Taehyung."

"Yes." Jimin chimes in.

"I didn't mention names. If you think that's what I meant then maybe that's how you feel. Now good luck on your date."

"It annoys me that you're a walking fortune cookie." I glare at her. "You two can stay here as long as you want. I'll be back later," I say heading out.

"You're still in love with me?" I jump as soon as I hear that familiar deep voice.

"Tae! You scared me," I exclaim. "Were you eavesdropping?"

"You didn't answer my question."

Footsteps are heard walking up the stairs. "Jin, there's a Sandeul waiting for you downstairs," Namjoon interrupts, but my eyes are still on the man in front of me, who's eyes refuse to leave mine.

"I have to go," I finally say starting to walk away.

"Three minutes," Taehyung mutters and I stop and turn to him. "I want three minutes of your time. Three minutes where I don't pretend that I'm completely fine with you going out with another man.

I want three minutes to be the me that wants you to myself. To stop you from going out with Sandeul and any other guy for that matter," he steps closer to me, but my body refuses to move away from him as he starts wrapping his arms around my waist. "I want to go down there myself and tell him that you can't go out with him because the man who you have in your heart is me. And then I want to walk back up here carry you to my bed and make you mine again. I want to touch every inch of your body with my lips and make up for the days I caused you pain.

I know what I said last night. I know that I told you that you deserve to be with someone deserving of your love, but the me right now selfishly wants to be that person.

And now that I know that you're still in love with me it gives me more of a reason to keep holding on to you. So I'll wait for you. No matter who you're with or how many dates you go on I'll be here waiting for you to come back," his breath is hot on my face as he ghosts his lips over mine. "I love you, and I'm going to dedicate the rest of my life proving it you."

"So do I send him away or...?" Namjoon awkwardly asks reminding me that he's been here the whole time.

"Have fun on your date. I'll be here when you get back, no matter how long it takes," Tae whispers. He kisses my forehead and disappears into his room.

I gather myself together and give my brother a small hug and head downstairs. With every step I take, a part of me keeps telling me to stay. I shake those thoughts away as I reach for the door.

"Are you ready to go?" Sandeul asks giving me his hand.

I give him a small smile. Its genuine but I know it doesn't reach my eyes. "Yes," I reply taking his hand allowing him to guide me to his car.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
😚💜