04

When people say that time heals all wounds, surely, they didn't know that people like Luna Cooper exist. Someone who dives into the abyss of loneliness headfirst and stays there for years, the pain and emptiness flow into her bloodstream as naturally as breathing. And that's the thing about pain, either we get used to it or completely get over it, nevertheless, it becomes a part of ourselves whether we like it or not. 

The day that she was dreading the most finally came, the tall white and gray building towering over her, mocking the fragile stability that she had built for the last couple of years. It was one of the many reasons why Luna was adamant about taking the role in the movie. The place where the majority of the scenes will be taken, the hospital. The memories of the days spent inside with the only boy she ever loved flashed like a movie playing on repeat inside her head, and once again, Luna's world came crumbling down and no one was there to pick up the pieces because he was gone, her Toby was long gone. 

France and Lexus sitting next to her in complete silence, Luna knew that this day wasn't just for her to overcome. Because for the last seven years since Toby died, none of them was brave enough to face the place where they lost a part of themselves on that summer night seven years ago. 

"You okay babe?" Lexus's words sounded solemn, so foreign and completely out of place, and yet, it was comforting to know that he was there for her. He even canceled a client meeting just to make sure that she would be able to get through the day in one piece. It wasn't just him and France, Tyra and Timmy comforted her last night, giving her the courage to face her fear after years of running away from it.  Caleb, her brother even called and was more than willing to fly from Greece back home just to make sure that she would be okay, but Luna couldn't bear the thought of him throwing away his future once again just for her. So no, Luna Cooper couldn't afford to break apart, at least not until the day ends. 

Luna nodded, hoping that Lexus wouldn't see through her facade and maybe the rest of the world too. She has a reputation and a job to keep, and Luna would be damn to let the world see just how vulnerable and unstable the Darling of the Press was. 

"Luna, it's time," France opened the door for her and Lexus. Luna wrapped her arms around the two guys, holding them for dear life because she needed all the strength to get through the hell that was waiting for her inside the building. 

"We'll be fine Luna; you will be fine. Lexus and I will be just here," France mumbled softly, the grim look on his face was enough for her to know that she wasn't the only one whose about to bolt out of the place before they could even enter through the front door.

"We'll be fine," Lexus echoed, holding them a little tighter in his arms. 

"We'll be fine," she repeated more like a silent prayer, desperately hoping to believe her own words. Luna needed to be okay, it was the only way for her to survive. 

With her two best friends on her side, Luna entered the building with grace, putting her mask on hoping that no one would be the wiser to tell that she was everything but fine. The cold tiles stared blankly at her, it was so familiar and taunting that she could barely hide the grimace on her face as the stench of disinfectant and bleach welcomed her senses. She could feel her resolve crumbling in every step that she took, grateful for Lexus's strong arms that were resting firmly on her waist keeping her perfectly in place. 

The crew greeted her with a smile on their faces that she couldn't seem to return, so Luna settled with a nod and hoped that no one would bother her before the actual filming started in fifteen minutes. Lexus sat on the chair next to her, not letting go of her hand, ignoring the curious gaze from everyone on set as France started working on her hair. 

"There, you're all set," France put her hair into a messy bun, the scene for today would be where her character, Lauren learns about Kevin Walts, her fictional husband's disease. Cancer. The same kind who took Luna's happiness away from her.  

"Miss Cooper, are you ready?" Chelsea, one of the staff walked into the room, her curly hair bouncing around her small and chubby face as she stared at the three of them huddled in the corner. The side of Luna's lip lifted into a wry smile, Miss Cooper, it was a name that she wanted for years and now, it was nothing but a reminder of what she had lost, of what could have been and what could never be. 

"Two minutes Chelsea thanks," France intervened, Luna watches Chelsea walking away from them before the two guys blocked her view.  Lexus and France held each of her hands, kneeling before her like two idiots trying to calm a child down. 

"All you have to do is finish the scenes needed for the day Luna, no need to go overboard. Take things slow and if you ever feel like you had enough, just give me the signal and we'll leave you got it?" France was so good in his job, from keeping her wardrobe in pristine condition, dolling her up and arranging everything for her, but most of all, the guy would go through hell and back just to keep her safe and comfortable. 

"I will France," Luna tried her best to reassured them, swallowing the growing lump on her throat and giving the two of them a small smile hoping that it will be enough to stop them from worrying a little too much. 

"Babe, I'm just here, okay? You can do this," Lexus pulled her back into his arms, and as much as she wanted to stay in the comfort of his embrace, Director Bennett was already yelling that the shoot will starts in five.

Ignoring her racing heart, the cold sweat dripping on her back and the memories flashing ever so vividly on her head, Luna walked into the room with tears threatening to fall from her eyes any minute now. Luckily, most scenes for the day required for her character to shed tears and burst into hysteria, but unlike most scenes, she wouldn't be Lauren Walts but the real Luna Cooper acting in front of the camera.