Chapter 11: Naruto Needs Time

Hinata POV

Naruto... Naruto... Naruto?!!!!

Why would this happen? How can this happen? No way...

"Sasuke-kun, c-can't you drive any f-faster?!" I yelled from the passenger seat.

"Yah! There's traffic, Bookworm!" my friend snapped, his fingers getting a little white. "I can't only drive so fast."

Sakura patted my shoulder, "He's going to be fine, Hinata. He will, just breathe."

How can I breathe, woman?! Some doctor at the emergency room of the hospital contacts you saying your friend has a fatal bullet wound, how do you expect me to breathe? What if it got infected before the ambulances got there? God, help me... I'm being to paranoid.

"We're here, Bookworm," Sasuke parked the car in front of the red entance labelled 'Emergency'.

"You can't park here, Sasuke," Sakura pointed out.

Sasuke sighed, "I'm dropping you girls off. Shikamaru and Temari are already in there but apparently Naruto woke up and was asking for you, Bookworm. You better hurry."

"I'll go with Sasuke, you run ahead," Sakura smiled at me.

I nodded my thanks to the new couple and exited the car. As I closed the door, Sasuke drove off towards the parking garage across the street.

I've always wanted to be a doctor, but I'll never be a doctor for the emergency room. Everywhere, panic and screams; beaps of IVs, and cries of many. I weaved my way among the chaos, looking for any familiar people I could know.

"Hina, over here!" Temari's voice waved at me. I nearly sprinted in her direction located before the emergency operating rooms. Shikamaru was standing beside her, shoulders touching with hands in his pockets, and eyes looking through the glass door.

I made it to my friend's side, "How is he?"

"The guy is fitter than a cow," Shikamaru sighed. "Made us worry for nothing. Though he's looking for you."

"I heard, Sasuke-kun told me," I glanced at Naruto, talking to a nurse and showing her his shoulder was fine. My heart ached when I saw the bandages covered up all of his upper chest and his shoulders. His abs were still showing though...

The nurse, a petite woman with black hair, glanced at me before quickly turning back Naruto. She said something really fast and left the room.

"Are you his girlfriend?" she asked me with a small smile.

"I, uh, I-" I blinked twice.

"Yes, yes she is," Temari slung a hand around my shoulders. "So we can take things from here."

The nurse gave a small bow before walking away. I didn't miss the little, "Lucky..."

I grabbed Temari's arm around my shoulder, "Why did you say that?!"

"That nurse's been in there for more than half an hour and let's not mention she used every stupid excuse to touch your man," my friend gave me a wink. "Now go talk to him. Shikamaru and I are gonna get some food."

"We are?" Shikamaru complained.

Temari grabbed his arm and they were off without another sound.

I glanced back at Naruto. Blue eyes met pale and I shivered. He gestured for me to come in. I stepped forward, the automatic doors slid open, I'm inside...

"Hey how you feeling?" I asked. "No infection?"

"Nope, strong and healthy," Naruto beamed rotating his arms once but then cringe in pain.