Chapter 6: Sasuke Has Moved On

Sakura's POV

I could only blink. This is a dream! I know it's a dream! Because there is no way in hell Sasuke, the school's prince, my childhood crush, the one I fantasize about having a future with would ask me out!

"R-repeat that please?" smooth Sakura, you sound like Hinata when Naruto isn't around.

Sasuke, who stood in front of me with his hands behind his back shifted on his weight. He looked so cute uncomfortable... no, I'm asleep! Wake up, Sakura! Wake up!

"Will you go out with me?" he repeated, his eyes never leaving mines.

I gaped. No, this isn't some kind of dream! Sasuke Uchida is actually asking me out! If he weren't asking me in person, Ino and Shikamaru would be experiancing the weirdest chicken dance ever.

The said people were looking over my shoulder, the same exact wild look on their face matching mines as Sasuke asked his question. Somebody pinch me now!

I felt a nudge from my right side (Ino's side), telling me to respond. My throat felt so dry, breathing became as painful.

"Sure, I'll go out with you," I answered as cooly as I can. Too bad me being cool around Sasuke equals me being cool around Josh Hutcherson or Taylor Lantner. Trust me, more chicken dancing will happen.

He gave me a grin, "Cool. See you this tomorrow at five for dinner?"

I nodded rapidly. Smooth Sakura, smooth.

Once he was gone, I closed the door behind me and sighed. I cannot believe that actually happened. I'm going on a date with Sasuke. Did the biology unit final do this to my head? Was it so bad that I'm hallucinating.

"Forehead, you're not hallucinating," Ino rolled her eyes. "Uchida actually asked you out."

I slowly shook my head, "There's no way. I've been friends with that guy forever and this is the first time he ever mentioned being romantically interested in me whereas, I have be head over heels for him since sixth grade."

"Then what are you going to do about Naruto?" Shikamaru leaned against our bunk beds. "Didn't the poor guy ask you out, too and you turned him down? What's he gonna say if he ever found out you're going on a date with Sasuke and rejected him?"

I waved him off with a flick of my hand, "I made it clear to Naruto before Hinata and Kiba burst into math today. I like Sasuke. Naruto, sure he's cute and a good friend to me but he's nothing compared to Sasuke."

I stopped myself. Hold on a second...

"Oh my god guys I'm going on a date with Sasuke!" I squealed happily.

Ino eyed me, clearly thinking of mental institutions to place me in, "It's only a date. Knowing Sasuke, he might just be like, testing this whole dating thing out. He was this straightforward with me when he asked me out and guess how long we lasted. Two weeks."

"Who says our relationship would end like yours," I smirked.

My frienemy pointed a finger at me, "Watch it."

There was a knock on the door. Suddenly worried Sasuke might have returned to realize the mistake of asking me out, I glanced at Shikamaru. The guy caught my eye and rolled his.

"Girls are so paranoid," he groaned and pushed me out of the way as he turned the doorknob.

"Oh! Nara, what are you doing here?" that voice, ain't no way in hell it's Sasuke's sweet, deep, and sexy one.

"Karin," Ino and I growled at the same time.

Karin went through school with us as well. Except instead of being cool with all of us, she's the b*tch that makes sure our lives were a living hell. It's gotten worst since she figured out I also like Sasuke along with her. Somehow, she's convinced she'll get him instead of me.