Chapter 20: Naruto Doesn't Trust Me Enough

I'm not going to mean so here's a double update for my loyal readers!
You guys owe me Starbucks...

I chow down on the American cereal. Man, I love chocolate and if it's in cereal, let's just say nobody else is getting any.

Sasuke watched me with judgmental eyes, his own silver spoon halfway in his Cheerios,

"Calm down Bookworm, you might actually get some in your mouth," he said.

I swallowed the cereal, "S-shut up."

"What's up with you?" Sasuke scooped up a spoon. "You're not your usual cherry self."

I sighed, "I don't w-want to talk about i-it."

Sasuke munched loudly on his Cheerios, "You know," swallow, "You can tell me anything. Even if you're dating bonehead, I'm still your best buddy."

I mixed my milk. It's not that I don't trust Sasuke with my life, it's just that... I don't know what to say to him. He and Naruto are frienemies so I know he wouldn't judge Naruto but the blonde would be beaten up so badly I wouldn't recognize him.

"I'm waiting, Bookworm," My best friend laid his spoon on the bowl.

I spilled. I felt so guilty but give me credit, if you saw that kind of text message, you're going to be hurt. Especially since you thought that you trusted the guy with your life and also if he is your boyfriend. I trusted Naruto and I did respect his past and how he had made bad choices...

I just never thought he had this kind of secret. What made me really angry was that he never told me.

Sasuke's face grew darker and darker as he listened to me reciting the words in text message word for word. I could've sworn his black eyes were turning red from anger.

I've seen him mad quite a lot but not to this extent. I looked away, my eyes glued to the whitish brownish liquid and the small little Coco Puff chocolate balls swimming around in the milk.

"I cannot believe he'd do that to you," Sasuke growled. "I thought he had a lot more respect for you. What he did or better yet, what he didn't tell you, Hinata, is not okay!"

"Shhh, Sasuke-kun keep your voice down," I begged. "I get it that i-it's wrong for h-him to do that but I'll h-handle it, okay? P-promise me you're not going to go around beating him up for it."

Sasuke growled again, "He still should've told you about-"

I slapped my hand across the face, "I g-get that he's wrong Sasuke-kun, b-but I said I'll handle it. I n-need you to trust me, too."

His angered red eyes dulled a bit. I made sure that he was going to keep his mouth shut before removing my hand. Unlike Naruto, Sasuke does have a lot of respect for me.

But my best friend looked defeated, "Then do what you need to do. You know where to find me if you need a shoulder to cry on."

-~-~-~

I starred at the words of the text for the next ten minutes. Naruto was still asleep when I came up from my quiet breakfast with Sasuke. He didn't say anything else and just went into his room without saying anything.

I am beyond hurt and disappointed in Naruto. How could've I have thought, that only fighting was the only issue he had. He claimed that he was practically a gangster before he nearly killed Van and met us in Konoha. I honestly don't know what to think of him now. Even if it was hard, he probably should've still told me about this. I am his girlfriend after all.

I need to know things like this.

But for now, since I do know about his darkest secret, I should probably keep my mouth shut about it. This isn't something you can easily go out and tell anybody; especially if the person is now the most important part in your life.

Problem is, I don't think I am all that important in his life. He is a bad boy after all and only God knows how many times he-

I shook the thought away. For now, Naruto isn't going to know I know. I'm going to keep it that way and I'll make sure Sasuke knows, too.

I unlocked Naruto's phone, tapped on the message phone, scrolled to the unknown number, and tapped on the trashcan icon.

For now, only for now.

-------
What do you think it is? What is Naruto's darkest secret?

You'll get to see in the next upd