"Alright, we're almost there. You can stay here and maybe roam around?"

Suddenly all her confidence was stripped away as she remembered something. "What if I lose you? Like what happened with Fluttershy and Winona?"

She remembered Winona's name.

"Uh well," I shifted in my seat uncomfortably. Just thinking of Rarity gone pained me. "Let's not think of that now sugar cube. The minute I get out of there, I'm racing back."

"Okay... but I can't help but worry since you're the only person who—"

"And if something does happen to us, promise me you'll keep going? You won't crumble apart and let the world eat at you?"

She took a deep breath, looking me in the eyes, thinking. And when she finally released her breath she nodded. "Yes, I promise."

Manehattan was a large city, filled with wide avenues and small places to sit and eat. I watched as people went about their day, most in a busy rush. No one was slow in this city, they all had somewhere to go.

Luckily, my parent's house wasn't so far from the train station. It was about a 30-minute walk away.

Looking at the scenery change from Ponyville to Manehattan, made me wonder how my parents did it. How did they move so suddenly like that? I could barely stand looking at the sky towers in the center. How there were barely any parks, how it looked like no one had a smile on their face.

And the people. The tons of people roamed on the streets. In Ponyville, there weren't many people living in the small town. I knew everyone's name by heart there.

The slip of paper rested in my hand, I clenched it tight as I walked in the direction of their home. Thoughts of Rarity drifted through my mind.

Before I left her in the subway, it looked like she had something to say to me. She grabbed onto my hands, giving me the note. And for a second, we kind of just looked into each other's eyes.

After about fifteen seconds, she dismissed me telling me to stay safe. Rarity then turned away, muttering something to herself.

As I walked further down the city, the mood of the people started to shift a little. The sidewalk was dirtier, the people seemed sadder. No wonder Rarity moved away from here.

I turned my gaze, noticing a girl wearing a light pastel hoodie spray painting a wall not too far from me. I could hear the quiet hiss from where I was standing as she sprayed a black line across the alley. And as I looked up at what she had written, I had to blink a few times to really see what it was saying.

you're not living. you're just surviving.

She looked at me, her light green emerald eyes staring right into mine. And right as she saw me, she lifted her hood, covering her long pink hair.

"Don't tell anyone," she told me with a soft voice. She ran past me, sliding the black spray bottle into her backpack.

And on that note, I took a deep breath inhaling the smell of asphalt. I continued on my little walk to find my mother.

My parent's house was painted a light yellow. They had no yard, just concrete which followed into a small garage. There was a small stairway that led up to the front door. And once I set foot onto their property, a wave of nervousness hit me.

I was finally here.

With shaky hands, I lifted the piece of paper. The text had been a little faded from our handprints, but it was still readable.