epilogue.

Epilogue

.:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Applejack

I opened my eyes to hear a soft alarm, the sound of gentle music filling the room. I felt too dazed and drowsy to really comprehend what was going around me. Sleep hadn't shedded from my mind yet.

There was a mumble next to me, and the alarm suddenly stopped. Then the realization kicked in. This wasn't my room.

With panic, I quickly sat up on the bed I was lying on, swiftly looking around to see my surroundings. Calm washed over me as soon as it was all recognizable. This was Rarity's room.

The room was being dimly lit up by purple LED lights, giving a soft violet glow to everything. Across the bed was a desk messily buried with a whole stack of papers. There was a dresser only a foot from me, a small window right beside it. More papers had been laid out all over the ground - it was too dark to see what any of them said. Finally, my eyes stopped once I saw the sleeping figure by me.

Rarity.

Just from her simply being there, everything from the day before caught up to me. I still couldn't believe any of this was real.

After the park, she and I walked to her house and we spent the rest of the day there. She didn't want me to leave her side, so without any hesitation, I didn't. Her parents didn't end up coming home, apparently, there was a 'family emergency' they had to attend to. So I met her younger sister Sweetie Belle, who had a remarkable resemblance to Apple Bloom. This followed with Rarity and I falling asleep next to each other, watching one of her favorite movies on her laptop. And now I was here. Breathing.

I lifted my hands in amazement staring at them. I spent a minute just staring at my fingers, embracing the fact that I was still able to do these simple movements. That my heart was still able to beat in my chest, that I could still get up and walk.

I'm alive.

I actually made it. I survived.

Out of excitement I lifted the blankets and stood up, feeling a bit dizzy from how fast I did this. I didn't care though, more than anything, I wanted to start the completely new day. This would be the first time in a long time I'd have the opportunity to do so.

Looking back at the bed, I decided to let Rarity doze off a bit longer, she was sure to wake up soon. She looked peaceful buried in blankets, the only thing I could see was a few strands of her hair on the pillow.

I made my way out of her room, carefully closing the door behind me and walking down the hallway to the bathroom. Not bothering to turn on the light, I shut the door and stared at myself in the mirror. My hair was a complete mess, my green eyes darkened by eye bags. I was still wearing the same clothes from yesterday there were weird creases in the fabric from sleeping. The only light came from the sun outside which was only beginning to rise.

I turned on the sink, splashing water onto my face. The freshening feeling of the cold water touching my skin immediately woke me up. My brain seemed to work so much better when my mind was clear, it was as if I was cleansing myself from all my dreamy thoughts. When I turned off the faucet, I looked up to see myself.

My face was soaked, the drops came together dripping from my chin and onto my shirt. I took a deep breath, my lungs filling with all the different scents that had been exposed to this bathroom. And when I exhaled, I smiled.