Chapter 32

"Can you repeat ...... what you said ..... again?" The retired duchess had felt her entire head spin once she had heard the words of her husband. She had never been expecting to hear this after a long soothing and relaxing morning at the beauty spa after a little bit of shopping. She couldn't believe his words and what he had actually suggested.

He shortened his explanations this time and said. "Tazanna and Anzor were never married. Kalila is not Anzor's child. Even without the King favouring him, he possesses more power than we ourselves can handle. But for some reason, he cannot act against us for the time being. He only sent a warning. This why we have to lay low for a while until we get him involved." Vincent then warned. "And don't recklessly send assassins again; you'll irritate him more and will be only wasting money."

One.

Two.

Three.

Three minutes had gone by with pure silence.

Then Emma Morley practically flew out of the room with a whirl of slicing strong winds wreaking havoc in the room she had departed.

Vincent layered himself with strong enough mana not to be cut by his wife's winds.

"My Lord."

"Just kill whoevers' ears hear." He knew what she was going to do.

"As you wish."

Meanwhile winds sliced down the door of Tazanna's study. Even though her door was in two pieces, the Duchess continued to work without batting an eye.

"Tazanna Morley." Emma growled.

It was just as he had predicated. She looked up from her paper-work. "Yes mo-"

A crisp loud sound immediately followed after. Redness and pain bloomed on the right side of Tazanna's face.

'M-Mother.... she slapped me.' Tears pricked the silver head's azure blue eyes not because of the pain but because of her mother being the one who had actually did it.

"Have! I! Taught! You! Nothing?!!!" She shrieked. "What did I tell you about keeping your purity for your husband?!!! What did I tell you about having a child only for your husband?!!! But no, you acted as if you were some concubine .... no worse than a concubine a slut and gave birth to an ill-bred, dirty bastard!!!!"

Tazanna's hands tightly balled against her desk, her knuckles turning ghastly white and shaking. She wanted to cry, but she held in her tears. She calmly inhaled then exhaled. "Mother ...... it is true that I lost my purity to someone who is not my husband and gave birth to a child out of wedlock. You can call me all of the derogatory terms as you desire, for I truly broke some of the important virtues that you have instilled in me from since I was a child." Standing her ground, she responded. "But I will not allow for you to insult Kalila!!!"

The retired Duchess took a step back, incredulously glancing up and down at her daughter's serious stone-like face then laughed.  Emma suddenly stopped and turned around to depart from the study.

Her sudden change in emotions caused Tazanna to call out hesitantly. "....M-Mother."

Emma stopped in place then turned her head, speaking. "Oh, you're lucky my blood flows through you and that child's veins who, or what you are .... or what you have done. Do not concern yourself Anna, mother and father will settle everything." She left.