Chapter 17

Ciara's POV
Glenn told us we were going to go search a few houses in a nearby housing development. We were running low on pretty much everything and people were starting to need new clothes.

It was a pretty silent ride, none of us really knew each other, so we didn't have much to talk about. "What did you do before the world went to shit Glenn?"

"I was a pizza delivery boy." he said. I couldn't help but let out a small laugh. "What!"

"Nothing." I told him. "It just makes perfect sense."

"Well what did you do then." he grumbled opening the window.

"I was a mechanic with Merle, Daryl, and my brother." I said remembering the little garage we use to work at.

"Were you close?" Elena asked. "With your brother I mean.

I laughed. "Ya he was only a couple years older then me, and he was one of those protective brothers. If I ever even got a boy friend he would always scare them away with all the questions he asked. Even though he was a dick sometimes I loved him, ya know."

She sighed. "Ya, mine was like that too, always in my business when I didn't want him to be. He was really the only one that helped me with my career though. Parents thought it was stupid choosing to be a photographer, said I should have been a doctor or something, but not Logan. He helped pay for my schooling and everything. Losing him was the hardest, he saved my life, so I kinda owe it to him to survive."

It was quite after that, no one really wanting to talk. "Are there any CDs in here?" I asked Elena, since she was up in the passenger seat.

"I don't know, I'll look." She dug around in the glove box until she pulled out a Cd.

She showed it to me and I burst out laughing, it was a Hannah Montana disk. "You gotta be fricken kidding me."

Glenn looked over to see what we were laughing about. When he saw the cd case he grabbed it to look at it. His face scrunched up and he chucked the case out the window. "HEY!" Me and Ciara both yelled at him, causing him to serve on the road.

"I ain't listening to that crap!" He argued. Elena grumbled and continued digging around in the glovebox, until she found another one.

"It's a mix CD." she said.

Glenn looked at it. "Well put it in then." She put it in and the song No More Honey by Blonde Redhead.

I started singing, forgetting that Glenn and Elena were right beside me. "Than again, and I think, than agin. We were sorry, and I want to love again. I could feel you, but I couldn't say to you. But whatever you do, I won't be sorry. No more honey." I jumped, all of a sudden hearing clapping.

"Your amazing." Elena said. I blushed and looked at my feet.

Glenn was smiling like an idiot, "I didn't know you could sing."

"I just do it for fun sometimes, nothing else."

"Does Daryl know?" Glenn asked with a mischievous grin on his face.

I glared at him. "Don't you dare."

He laughed. "I won't, for now." I groaned, "We're here now." he said. "You guys take that house I'll go take the big one."

We nodded. "We'll meet you at your house when we finish." I told him. He nodded and took off in the direction of the house he was going to. "Let's go." I told Elena, grabbing a couple duffel bags.

"What all are we suppose to get again?" she asked me.

"Mostly clothes, weapons, anything we can eat." She nodded. "You take upstairs and I'll get this floor."

Elena went up the stairs as I went into what looked like the kitchen. in the cupboards there were a few boxes of stale cereal, canned beans, canned corn, pretty much canned everything. Next was the bathroom where I grabbed pretty much all the unused toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, towels, a bunch of different medicines and women hygiene things. In a little room there was what looked like a gun cabinet, I'd get Elena to help me open it later. The last room was what looked like a kids bedroom, thankfully it was a boys. I grabbed some clothes for Carl and went upstairs to get Elena.

Just as I was about to go up she walked around the corner. "Got enough clothes and shoes for everyone it think." she said. "How'd you do?"

"Got some food, hygiene stuff, and medicine. There's a gun cabinet that I thought we should try to open it." she nodded and we went to the room that had the cabinet. After about ten minutes of looking for a key we decide to just bust it open, and that took about another ten minutes.

When we finally opened it, it was worth it. Inside were two shotguns, a rifle, three pistols, a new crossbow that Daryl would probably want, and a whole bunch of ammo. "Shit." muttered Elena. We grabbed everything inside, and before we left the room I noticed a couple packs of smokes sitting on a table, I grabbed those and a couple lighters too.

We walked outside and threw our filled bags in the bag of the van, and then headed over to where Glenn was. "Glenn?" I called as we went inside.

"Down here!" I heard him call from the basement. When we reached the basement we saw Glenn standing there staring at something.

"What are you-" Elena started but then stopped when she saw what was there. Sitting in a cupboard were various kinds of whiskey, scotch, vodka, beer, wine, ale, rum, you name it, it was there.

"Holy shit." I muttered wide eyed.

Glenn scratched the back of his neck. "I was gonna grab some, but I didn't really know what to get."

I grinned. "Get some of everything."

"Hell ya!" Exclaimed Elena.

We grabbed as much booze as we could carry and took it back to the car.

After we headed off, Elena driving this time and Glenn passed out in the back, we were in a lot happier mood. "So did anything happen while I was gone yesterday?" I asked Elena.

"Well there was a walker in the well." I just stared at her with my mouth hung open. "Its not a problem anymore, we took care of it, Glenn almost died in the process." she chuckled.

I laughed. "And how'd he manage to do that?" I asked looking back at the sleeping Glenn.

"We tied him to a rope and tied it around the water pump while he tried hooking up the walker. The damn pump broke and Glenn fell down. We managed to pull him up, and somehow he managed to get the rope around its neck."

"So did you get it out then?" I asked.

"Well we did but it, kinda got stuck, and then broke in half."

"Ok, ew, that's just gross."

She laughed. "Tell me about it. After the whole ordeal though Glenn didn't talk to anyone for the whole day, just sat in his tent. I bet he probably almost pissed his pants."

I laughed then thought of something else. "Are you and Shane a thing now, or what?"

She bit her lip and I could see the blush crawling up her face. "Well I don't know, I kind of want it to be, but you know guys. I just not sure if he wants to have a relationship or not."

I sighed. "Trust me, I understand. It's like that with Daryl too. He's sweet around me, but as soon as we are with anyone from the group he becomes distant."

She nodded. "So who do you think Glenn's with?"

I laughed, "What?"

"I saw a box of condoms in his bag, I just assumed they were for him." she laughed.

I thought about it and turned to her. "Maggie," I said sternly.

"Oh my god, yes. it's totally her!" We were laughing like maniacs now, and it managed to wake up Glenn.

"Can you guys shut up." he mumbled.

"Sorry Glenn!" I laughed.

After we settled down Elena told me I could try and sleep if I wanted, and I did. I hoped the group was happy with what we brought back, because we sure were.

Thanks you guys for over 700 views, love you guys!

The Two Dixons ( Merle and Daryl Dixon fan fiction )जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें