Chapter Forty-Five.

Start from the beginning

My brows are furrowed as I watch him speak, confused as to where he's going with this. "...Okay?"

He shifts a bit so he's no longer laying on my chest and lays on his side to face me. I turn as well, my expression still dipped in confusion as he tucks my hair behind my ear.

"Well, I was thinking that maybe I could get home for graduation," he shrugs, rolling his lips into his mouth. My brows shoot up in surprise as he continues and I try not to get my hopes up. "I'd have to talk to my agent and the staff, but I'd need to go home and pack some things anyway. Maybe the day I go down could be the day of graduation, and then I'd leave the next morning."

"Okay," I say softly and with a small smile, trying not to get myself excited over a huge hypothetical. It seems doable, but I already feel like we're on borrowed time and that just seems to good to be true. "We can figure that out later. You've got enough on your plate with the game today."

He just gives me a small smile and nod, continuing to run his fingers through the hair behind my ear. I might as well talk to him about today.

"How are you feeling, baby?" I ask softly, placing my hand on his chest to try and keep him calm. But honestly, I feel his heart start to jump as soon as I do.

"M'Nervous," he pretty much mumbles, his eyes darting around my face as he scans it. The way he just said that was fucking adorable. "Don't want to fuck it up. I'm excited too, though."

"It's good to be nervous," I assure him, still keeping my tone light. "You won't fuck it up, though. You could never fuck anything up."

"Everyone has too much faith in me," he shakes his head, looking away from me. "Everyone needs to lower their expectations."

"As the leading figure in underestimating themselves," I start, raising my eyebrows with a playful smile. "Don't."

He lets out a light laugh at that, and I secretly pat myself on the back from eliciting my favorite sound. I slip my hand up his neck until my knuckle is gliding along his cheek gently; along his dimple. I really love those things. "Don't let the nerves take over, Finn." I say seriously, noticing how he's leaning into my touch subtly. It makes my tummy do somersaults like it's fucking Simone Biles. "You're going to have the time of your life. You know that once you get on that ice, everything will disappear, like it always does. You're going to be a superstar, even if you don't believe it yet. But let me just say," I lean forward, dropping my voice into a whisper, "I'm so fucking excited to scream like a fucking Wild woman."

I wink at him, absolutely intending the pun and his face lights up, his lip coming between his teeth before he says, "I'm just excited for you to become a Wild woman."

That's it. I'm going to lose my MIND.

My mouth snaps closed and my eyes widen as I try to slow my fucking heart rate down before I go into cardiac arrest. He just gets a goofy smile on his face and leans forward, giving me a quick, yet somehow deep kiss, while muttering against me, "Looks like someone else is going to need the defibrillator."

I roll my eyes as I pull away, pressing my hand to his chest again before pressing my lips to the same spot, feeling it literally beat twice as fast as mine. I pull away and put my cheek there instead. "Nah, you're still the Code Blue."

"If you're so in love with my heart, then why are you so insistent on getting it to stop?" he asks, wrapping his arms around me and lacing his hand through my hair. He holds me close and I close my eyes to savor the feeling, something I've been doing a lot since I came here yesterday. Unless he does get to come back for graduation, this is going to be the last time we're going to be together until August and I think we're both trying to not waste a single second of it.