Chapter Ten.

Finn

"Dude," Jack groans, "You're telling me that this girl has slept in your bed but you haven't kissed her yet?"

"I don't want to rush it!" I defend myself. "And I don't want to make her uncomfortable!"

"Rushing it would of been kissing her the day you gave her back the journal, my guy," Lindsey says knowingly, taking a sip of her coffee.

I don't know why I thought it would be fun to go out with the two of them, they're just ganging up on me. I thought that bringing my two best friends together would equal a day of laughing but instead they are just hounding me about Aves. Typical.

I pick up my coffee and sip it, pouting, "I don't want to fuck this up, you guys." I look down at my cup. "I really like her."

"You don't say," Jack says sarcastically. Lin laughs, "I would of never guessed."

I sigh deeply, sliding down the booth seat in the coffee shop.

"Oh, stop moping, eh?" Jack laughs. "I haven't met her yet, but I would pretty much bet that she wouldn't think you're rushing."

"I agree," Lindsey chimes in.

"I don't know-" I look over towards the door, stopping mid sentence. "Holy shit."

"What?" The two of them turn around, causing me to snap, "Don't look!"

"Who is it?" Jack asks as I eye him walk towards the counter to order. Prick.

"James," I pout.

"Who?" Jack asks, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh, is that heartthrob?" Lindsey asks, and I nod.

"Who?" Jack repeats, a little louder this time.

"That's the guy that works with Avery," I whisper. "He's totally into her. He kissed her head when I went to visit her a few weeks ago and tried to make me jealous."

Avery might have forgotten about that, but I sure have not.

"Well obviously it worked," Lindsey teases. I glare at her.

"You think he likes her?" Jack asks. I watch him order, knowing quite well that I'm scowling at him.

"I know he does," I say. "Asshole."

My friends laugh at me, shaking their heads. My eyes narrow at them both. "What?!"

"You're so ridiculous, Finn," Lindsey says. "If Avery liked him, they would already be going out. It's so obvious she likes you."

I don't say anything as I watch James step to the side, waiting for his order. That's what Avery said that night, but it didn't make me feel better then and it doesn't make me feel better now.

Lindsey groans at my silence. "Did I tell you about the guy behind us at the game?"

I look over to her, my eyebrows furrowed as I shake my head.

"Well, during your tussle, Avery was properly freaking out. After you guys were done, a man behind us said to her, 'Your boyfriend did good.' And she didn't correct him. Instead, she said 'Good at giving me a heart attack.' Or something like that."

I feel a small smile come on my face as I look down, not knowing what to say. She didn't tell him I wasn't her boyfriend?

"Why wouldn't she correct him if she didn't have the same feelings for you that you do for her?"

"I bet she was just being polite. She probably didn't want to correct a stranger."

Jack and Lindsey groan loudly, and very dramatically might I add, causing me to laugh. I glance up and see James has spotted me. Oh shit.