part 9

as we neared the studio, i realised i was still in joes shorts and petes hoodie, "shit" icursed mentally, or so i thought untill all four of the guys turned to look at me. "i gotta get changed?" this came out more as a question then a statement. i then proceeded to unstrap my seat belt, turn around and lean into the boot before searching through my bag for something to wear. i decided upon my black waxed jeans, Painic! tour vest (from too wierd to live, too rare to die tour), leather jacket, and my full length burgundy doc martins. i then climbed into the boot and landing with an oommff.

"i'm okay!" i poked my head up over the back of the chairs. "turn around im gon to get changed!" they did as they were told but patricks eyes still kept flickering up to the rear veiw and lingering there for too long long for him to be just checking his mirrors. so i gave him a death stare which is when i knew, he knew, that i knew he was watching me and he just gave me an innocent smile which made my heart melt slightly before i turned around. sat down and proceeded to take off joe's shorts and pull my jeans on, followed by slipping pete's, well now my, hoodie off and pulled my vest on before pulling socks on and shoving my feet into my boots.

i stuffed the clothes id previously just had on into my bags and put my camera stuff away aswell, before climbing back into my seat. i placed my makeup bag onto joes knee as i span my hair up into a neat ballet bun, leaving my full fringe out and some longer bits out to frame my face, and also to stop me looking like the 15 year old ballet dancer i used to be. i handed a compact mirror to Andy asking him to hold it while i did my make up.

he agreed and i went with light smokey eyes, dark liner and a nude lipstick. "Done!" i announced poping my lips together.

"wow i think this is the girliest we've seen you..." Joe stated from the side of me. "no..not like you look increadbly girly now... like... heavy girly?" he tried to correct himself when i side-eyed him.

"haha, naaww Joe you should know not to call emo girls, girly" Pete yelled from the front, over the music.

"I'm not emo!" i snapped back.

"sure your not sweetheart,"

"Im not! how i look depends on what mood im in... today i figured if im walking around with you lot i shouldnt reallly be looking dainty." i explianed my point and pete pondered it for a minuet before saying he guessed so and turned up the music.

i reconised the song to staright away as Patricks voice sang out the lyrics from the radio it was 'centuries'.

"peeeeeettttttteeeee!" Trick whined from the front. "Turn it off"

pete just laughed and turned it down, just as i started to sing along.

***Andy's POV***

Courtneys Voice was pretty impresive but she got quite embarrassed when we all heard her singing along to Tricks song.

Patrick started singing along as the next line started and smiled at her in the rear veiw and she quickly joined in again, while she danced around in her seat making Joe join in. Before we knew it she had us all dancing and singing along. even mimicing playing our instuments, as the song finished we pulled into a car park and patrick started to tell us we were here, but some thing was wrong.

***Courtneys POV***

omething was wrong, there was no sound coming from Tricks mouth he was trying to talk but just couln't. "everyone out of the car i need to look at trick, now!"

everyone climbed out and gathered around the front of the car. "how are you going to be any help? no offence or anything." Pete aasked looking worried

"Peter there is alot you dont know about me one of which is that i was a vocal coach in a school near me for alomost 5 years" i smiled at him before going over to trick. "right Patrick can you talk at all?" he tried, making only a small dry noise from the back of his throat, then shook his head.

"does it hurt to swallow?" he shook his head agian. "do you think you know what this is?" he nodded "you had it before?" he nodded again holding his finger up indicating once.

"Okay so you know theres nothing we can do but besides rest up right?" he nodded again looking sad. "i sorry this has happened Trick."i wrapped my arms around his chest tightly whike he hugged me back.

"Okay... whats going on?"Joe asked looking worried.

"urrm its nothing massivley bad it just he seems to have starined his vocal chourds.... and wont be able to talk, let alone sing, for a few weeks"

"Nothing massive?!" pete flipped out "we are doing a perfomace on a few hours and we have no singer!"

"Patricks trying to say something..." Andy intrerupted Petes rant at me "give hime your hone he cantype it down!" andy said before everyone dived into their pockects.

pete thrust his phone at Pat', who begain typing befpre handing the phone back to Pete. "He says he can still play his guitar, why doesnt Courtney sing?"

i felt my eyes widen and my mouth fall into a small 'O' shape. i couldnt do it i couldnt sing infront of people... nononononononononono! "I... i can't." i choaked out.

all four of the boys looked at me giving me puppy dog eyes. Andy spoke up softley "come on youll be great. its only us on the stage with you?" he took my hand in his gently and looked straight in my eyes.

before i could think i nodded slightly and the guys gave out a sigh of relief, i didnt know they were holding. "right we'll go talk to mark about it all, since he's already here with the equiptment." Pete bounced off taking trick and Andy with him.

Leaving me and Joe alone outside next to the car.
"That was pretty impressive the way you figured that out, with 'trick that fast" he smiled down to my tiny frame, joe wasn't that tall but being a short as I am he was tall.
I gave a small laugh and reached around him into the car taking the keys from the ignition and shutting the door. "well when you've had it happen to you and you've seen enough people get it from over straining themselves you catch in pretty quick"
He just nodded slightly, before doing the most unexpected thing. Joe kissed me it was only light and short, but was defiantly a kiss.
I stood back a little bit, I was completely shocked. that's when the shouting started.

*****
A/n okay guys I know this is abit rubbish but it's just a filler and I almost missed my bus writing it :/ but yeah guys comments are always welcome!
Thanks hope you had a good holiday and a safe new year love ya all xx