'I will make him follow you right now immediately,' the chief said.

'I hope he will make up for what he had just done. You wouldn't want the Saintess to be in a bad mood when she enters the Forbidden City tomorrow. Just think of the unimaginable consequences. Another war might break out,' Nora said and Valery smiled.

Nora was getting used to this, she noticed. Valery turned back and saw Xavier who had a worried look on his face.

'Tell him to come down on his horse and join me. As for the rest, send them to the inn to prepare,' Valery said.

'Yes, mistress.'

Valery resumed with her walk and her guards immediately followed her from behind. Xavier joined her on foot and they walked into the city without saying a word.

So many things have changed, she noticed. She stopped at one of the stalls to admire the goods that were being sold.

'Should I buy you anything?' Xavier asked her.

She just looked at him and smiled inwardly. He was being cautious and she loves that about him. Valery picked a make hairpin and gave it to Xavier.

'This is for you, it suits you,' she said and paid the seller a tael of silver and left.

The silver was a lot but to her it was nothing. She could tell the man was suffering and by doing that she will be helping in another way.

She continued her window shopping, admiring the goods being sold and looking at the fashion that was trending lately. Everything was just the same, it was only time that was changing.

After a while she arrived at the inn that she would be staying while in the city. Her entourage had already arrived before her, so when she arrived the first thing she did was to take a nice warm bath. She took her time to freshen up and changed into another black gown before heading downstairs to have her dinner.

During her travels she usually prefers to eat with her people, something she usually doesn't do back at the mountain. Since she had booked the whole inn, there was only her family and no one else.

Her table was already set with so many dishes but how was she supposed to finish all that food by herself? She looked for Xavier and found him getting down the stairs. She summoned him with her hand and he came to her.

'Join me, I wouldn't want to eat alone,' she said as she sat down.

Xavier smiled at her and she felt her heart flutter. Xavier sat opposite her and another plate was brought for him. He picked a few side dishes and placed them into her plate and passed the plate to her. She looked at him and smiled at him.

'Thank you,' she said and took her plate.

She took a bite and she was satisfied. Maybe it was because it was Xavier who had handpicked the food for her. It felt so good to be eating with him again after such a long time. She felt calm and excited around him.

She wasn't supposed to feel that way and yet she couldn't stop it. She still remembers the first time she saw him covered in blood as men chase him. She wondered who would be so cruel to do that to a child. What wrong did he do for them to desperately chase him so that they could kill him like that?

She was reminded of her parents so the only thing she did at that time was to kill the men after Xavier and prepared another body and make sure Xavier was completely forgotten by everyone. If he was dead then no one would look for him. If he was dead then no one would think that he would come back one day. She had always believed in the concept for an eye for an eye.