|26|

-T W E N T Y    S I X -  

Youngsters joined pooja area after lunch, where all elders were already seated, priest chanting mantras. Tej, jhanvi sat there performing pooja. They calmly sneaked from side trying their best to not gain elders attention. "be quick" pinky lip sinked at  them, signalling to settle down quickly.

Pinky fought with dadi and permitted youngsters to have lunch before pooja. She supported rudy, anika who made puppy faces requesting her that they can't keep fast for whole day. Dadi was first adamant on not allowing them, but she gave up when her two daughter-in-law argued against her stating it's unfair to ask children to follow strict rules.

They sat down on mats behind everyone, om, mallika along with aryan in last but one row. Rudra and shivaay in last row with anika between. "pinky, call mallika, aryan, Billu and anika here. We will ask them to sit with Tej and jhanvi" dadi whispered to pinky, when priest permitted other couple's to join Tej, jhanvi.

Pinky turned back, among many heads she caught aryan, mallika at last, "come!" mallika shook head in negative, "we will pass aunty". Pinky rolled her eyes, malli usually don't believe in these things. "shivaay, anika?" pinky questioned, as she can't spot her heera son.

Aryan, mallika turned back giving a view to pinky, there sat shivaay beside wall involved in mobile, anika leaning head on his shoulder. "shivaay, pinky aunty is calling" mallika said, he gave a glare at her loud voice. He slowly patted anika back to sleep when she frowned in sleep.

"what?" he again questioned her in low voice, she repeated voice in same tone. God! Her bestie is seriously danger when things concern anika.

Shivaay looked forward at his mom, who had a huge smile on face. She shook head horizontally asking them to stay back itself. She turned again forward with satisfied smile. Her son is an expert in treating anika, she don't need to worry about her future daughter-in-law.

"hawww, how can you sleep?" rudy exclaimed as he shook anika, before shivaay could react anika opened her eyes. "kya rudy?" she rubbed eyes in irritation, rudy opened mouth to complain but stopped after getting a glare from shivaay.

"di, you are not allowed to sleep in pooja. If dadi see we are dead" he whispered, anika made a face. Rudy is right.

"it won't happen as shivaay won't let anyone scold anika" mallika corrected, rudy too didn't argue low down he knew she was right. "is it, bhaiya?" rudy questioned shivaay, wiggling eyebrows.

Everyone waited for his reason, they didn't fail to notice teasing tone in rudy. They expected him to search for a reason, "right" his answer made rudy jaw drop. Okay, expect the unexpected with SSO.

.
.
.
.
.

Simultaneously involved in a conversation with mallika, shivaay's eyes searched for someone particular around hall. There stood anika at an isolated corner, digging her eyes into invisible starches on freshly did nails. He frowned as he noticed aryan moving to anika, "excuse me" next second he took large steps towards the them.

"hi anika"  aryan found time to chat with the girl, who managed to made her place in most eligible bachelor has heart. Aryan, Mallika were found of making fun of shivaay singh oberoi who could do anything except falling in love. Anika gave her cute smile, she opened her mouth to respond but there came another voice "hey aryan, how are you?"

She looked at shivaay with a frown. "anika was talking about you earlier with me" spoke shivaay making anika tense. "she felt you are average" shivaay words earned a huge gasp from her. Before anika could clear things, "but she is beautiful!" aryan compliment definitely didn't go well with shivaay.